**THIS WINDOW FOR GIVING FEEDBACK HAS CLOSED**
Following the co-creation session held in December, three concept boards with descriptive words and themes to serve as inspiration for a new logo were shared with the broader community for feedback.
The three concept boards shared were themed: (1) Steadfast Bravery, (2) Iconic Grit and (3) Engaged Community. Community members were asked to rank the concept/themes in order of appeal. Additionally, community members were asked to select words that most describe what a "warrior" means to them.
The logo project team reviewed the feedback and began to build a narrative to share with the logo designer, Tom Gilmore. Four words and one concept board were then chosen using the community feedback.
Words that best describe a Warrior: Honorable, Determined, Courage and Stronger Together.
Inspiration/Concept : Steadfast Bravery.
Taken together, these words and inspiration/concept are the foundation for the overall logo theme developed by the project team: The "Bold Protector.”
The "Bold Protector" is honorable, determined, courageous, stronger together, adaptable, timeless, driven and adventurous.
With a theme established and identified, the logo project committee then created a list of potential elements for the designer to consider when creating images/concepts for the Bold Protector. These common elements have been sent to the community for feedback:
- Maintain a blue and gold color scheme in the logo design.
- Avoid the use of a block “M” in the logo design as it is too similar to other schools in the area.
- Contain the logo design within a circle.
- Do not incorporate additional colors (beyond blue and gold) into the logo design.
- Create a logo design that is a mascot/image rather than typeface/letters only.
- Find a way of incorporating the four communities (Fairfax, Mariemont, Terrace Park, Williams’ Meadow) into the logo design.
- Keep the logo design gender neutral.
- Avoid the use of any Native American imagery/artifacts in the logo design.
- Create a logo design that is simple and/or abstract.
- Create a logo design that is unique to the region.
- Create a logo design that is classic and traditional.
- Create a logo design that is bold and dynamic.