1. The faculty and staff of Mariemont High School are pleased to announce that the following seniors have been named National Merit Commended Students by the College Board. These students scored in the top 5% of the 1.6 million students nationwide who took the PSAT last fall. Congratulations to Zoe Copetas, Xander Stigall, and Ellison Van Scoy. These students, their families, and their teachers are to be congratulated for this exemplary achievement. All of us in the Mariemont School Community are very proud of their outstanding accomplishment and wish them the best of luck as they complete their senior year at MHS.
2. The University of Dayton will be visiting on Monday during 7th bell.
3. Today during Warrior Bell, you will vote for Homecoming King and Queen. You can find the link on Schoology. You have until 4 pm to vote. Winners will be announced at the game on Friday during halftime!
4. Homecoming tickets are on sale at the top of the Hub during lunch and Warrior bell this week. Tickets are $15 each. You cannot attend without purchasing a ticket! If you are bringing a guest from another school, be sure to get the guest form back to Mr. Block by tomorrow.
5. Show your school spirit this week by wearing outfits for the Homecoming festivities! Tomorrow is Class T-shirt Day.
6. This Saturday, September 25, is our first homecoming dance since the Fall of 2019 and a first school dance for many of our students. We wanted to send out a few reminders about dances at Mariemont High School.
- The dance will be held in our main gymnasium here at the high school.
- Tickets will not be sold at the door; all tickets must be purchased at school by the end of the school day on Friday, September 24.
- We will have a police officer present and alcohol detection devices to make certain that all of us remain safe.
- Students should enter the building through the doors near the auditorium (Upper Bus Turnaround), all other doors will be locked.
- The dance starts at 9:00pm and students must be at the dance by 9:30 or parents will be called. The dance will conclude at 11:00pm. Students are permitted to leave the dance before 11:00, but they will not be allowed to reenter after they have left.
- There is no professional photographer at the dance, any pictures should be taken prior to coming to the dance.
- All school rules and expectations will be enforced during the dance. Students should conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all times.
7. Auditions for the MHS pop a cappella group, Showstoppers, are going on now. Please scan the QR code in the HUB for more information and audition materials. Video auditions are due to Mrs. McGahey by Monday.
8. Do you want your spirit week outfit to be pictured in the yearbook? Submit your pictures by uploading them to Yearbook Snap. The QR code is posted around the building on the screens, or go to yearbookforever.com, click on yearbook snap, and use our school code: MHS2022.
9. Please check the Lost and Found table at the top of the Hub.
10. Picture Retakes are Monday, 10/4 from 1:00 to 2:30.