1.Congratulations to Bennett Turan and Sarah Comer for their selection to the HOBY leadership program. They will be representing MHS this summer at the leadership conference. Thank you to all those who applied.
2. Over the weekend the Rocket League team was one of 10 hand-selected teams from the Midwest to participate in the first ever combine sponsored by Akron University. The team won their first three matches on Saturday and made it to the grand finals on Sunday. After two hard fought matches with Milford and Carmel, the team took the honors of third place.
3. Any Sophomore interested in applying to the Oaks can do so right now. Please see or email Mrs. Tackett with questions. Also, check Schoology for a zoom link to talk the career specialist at Live Oaks who can answer any question you might have about the Oaks.
4. Are you interested in playing softball for the Lady Warriors this spring? If the answer to that questions is yes, or even if you’re still deciding, please scan the QR code on the hub screen or outside of Mrs. B’s classroom to fill out a brief survey to show your interest. Go Warriors!
5. ALL PE flex ed students should check Schoology for their PE flex exam which is due no later than 4 pm THURS DEC 17.
6. Tired of buying the same old treats for your furry friend? Well look no further because Brewhaus has your back for this holiday season. Brewhaus is a non-profit company dedicated to providing vocational training for young adults. Brewhaus dog bones are handmade oven baked dog treats made from whole grains proudly sourced from local microbreweries. Don’t delay, buy some bones today! Order forms are in the office.
7. The senior class officers and student council are currently having a fundraiser for a memorial for Evan Barnes that will be unveiled later this school year. Bracelets honoring Evan are being sold from now until the holiday break. If you would like to purchase a bracelet, you can either venmo @Kristine-Flerlage or pay cash to Sam Flerlage of Claire Soller. Its $3 for 1 bracelet or $5 for 2. Thank you so much for your support and make sure to fill out the google form once you have purchased a bracelet!
8. Renner on the shelf is back! If you find him make sure to send Mrs. Zaya a picture in order to win a gift card. The clue for today is:
Hey all you Warriors,
Tune into my ditty,
To possibly hear me crooning
From the nitty, gritty!
For it’s in the distant land of glee
That you could possibly find me!
Good luck finding him Warriors!