ANNOUNCEMENTS -- Wednesday, February 12, 2020
1. Staff Sgt. McCann of the Marines will be here at 11:00 on Thursday, the 13th, to talk about their NROTC program which offers $180,000 for college expenses before entering the service. Interested students should report to the front office.
2. Mrs. Simmons from Mariemont Elementary will be the guest speaker for the leadership lunch today. This is mandatory for all Leadership Council members, but we also highly encourage any other students who are interested to please come as well! Join us in the auditorium during lunch today.
3. Are you interested in watching, discussing, and even making movies? Well come and check out the new High School Movie club's first meeting, Thursday during Lunch in Mr. Weiss’s room. There will be snacks and drinks. See Andrew Foley if you have any questions.
4. All those planning on trying out for baseball (including winter athletes) need to attend a meeting in Mr. Hanley's room today at 3pm. Important information will be given regarding practice plans. The meeting will be short so winter athletes can make it to practice on time.
5. There will be a sign up meeting for boys interested in playing tennis this spring for the Warriors on Feb 20 at 3pm in the library.
6. Jacquelyn Young and Nathan Cox are your candidates for Enquirer Athletes of the Week. Vote until Friday at cincinnati.com.
7. Sources of Strength's campaign this quarter is positive friends. A positive friend is someone you can go to in times of trouble, when in need of advice, and for helpful encouragement. To explore this idea of positive friends and connections throughout the school, we are developing a volleyball tournament that will start Tuesday February 18th during Warrior Bell. If you are interested in participating in the tournament, contact Megan Kromer. Teams will consist of a student from each grade, a wild card, and a sources member. A QR code will be posted around the school; once scanned, complete the form by the 13th. Prizes will be awarded for participation and for winners!
8. All students who are signed up for College Explorations for Intersession your parents MUST attend an informational meeting in order for you to receive credit for Intersession. We encourage you to attend the meeting with your parents.
The second meeting is this Thursday, February 13 and the final meeting is on Tuesday, February 18. All meetings will begin at 6:30 pm and will be held in the Library/Commons. If you have any questions please see Mr. Sugerman
9. Attention all students who registered for Master Class for NEXT school year. You MUST turn in a completed Master Class application with parent signature. All forms must be turned into Mr. Sugerman by February 28th to be placed in Master Class for next school year. All applications can be found in the CCPC or from Mr. Sugerman. If you have any questions please see or email Mr. Sugerman.
10. The Senior Class Blood Drive sponsored by Hoxworth is taking place on Thursday Feb. 20th. Students 16 years or older and parents can be a life saver! Donors can sign up at www.hoxworth.org/groups/warriors or See Mrs. Bell to make an appointment or to pick up permission forms. If you have already signed up, please see Mrs. Bell for your permission forms. All students must have a signed permission form returned before the day of the blood drive. Any student who registers to donate will receive an entry into a raffle to win a Jersey Mike's gift card and will also receive a mini blue tooth speaker.
11. Check out our lost and found items, on display by the Library Commons Area, to see if any of your misplaced items have been found.
12. Attention all Key Club members, there will be an event after school on Wednesday to make Valentine’s Day cards for the senior citizens at Mercy St. Theresa. If you are interested, feel free to bring materials to Mrs. Bell's room to help construct cards to send to the living home. This will be happening on Wednesday the 12th after school in Mrs. Bell's room.
13. This week, Team Infinity is hosting a fundraiser sponsored by Mariemont's chapter of the National Honor Society to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! You can purchase raffle tickets during lunch and Warrior bell all week for your chance to win a FREE parking pass for the 2020-2021 school year, a $50 Jersey Mikes gift card, and more! All students and teachers are encouraged to participate! You can contact Ava Hatcher, Sydney Price, or Megan Betts for more information or questions.
14. Legally Blonde Tickets Now on Sale!
Be sure to get your tickets to the MHS production of Legally Blonde, The Musical, taking place March 6-8 in the MHS Auditorium. This show is action-packed and exploding with memorable songs and dynamic dances you won’t want to miss! Show times are Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. Tickets are $5 for students and senior citizens and $10 for adults. All seating is RESERVED and tickets are available ONLINE ONLY by going to mariemonths.seatyourself.biz. If you have questions, contact Suzy Weinland at [email protected]
15. Detention this week will be served with Ms. Spooner in the downstairs Art Room, Room 400.