Posted April 2, 2019
Over the last few years, you have heard me talk a lot about excellence when I describe Mariemont City Schools. I truly believe this is what our school district is all about. And hopefully you see it in everything we do.
At last fall’s State of the Schools address, we took a look at five district programs that are part of our excellence and over the past few weeks we have been re-visiting each program on our social media accounts. If you did not have a chance to attend the event, I encourage you to take some time to watch it here. You will see these programs brought to life and hear first-hand accounts from the people who benefit deeply from these programs and experience their excellence each and every day.
The five programs highlighted are:
- AP Curriculum - Rigorous, college-level classes in a wide variety of subjects that give students an opportunity to gain the skills, critical knowledge, rigor and experiences colleges recognize. At Mariemont High School we provide 22 of these opportunities for our students so they are challenged to question deeply, achieve at levels suited to their individual interests and get a head start on college credits.
- Individualized Learning - Reading and math instruction designed to meet the students where they are. A blended classroom of group work, one-to-one support and individual discovery that creates a positive learning environment for each and every student.
- Sources of Strength - A best-practice youth suicide prevention program designed to harness the power of peer social networks to change unhealthy norms and culture, ultimately preventing suicide, bullying and substance abuse. A program with 60 student leaders at Mariemont High School and Mariemont Junior High School focused on changing the culture and conversation surrounding mental health.
- Student Elective Choice - The belief that student choice is the driving factor in educational passion and success. With 24 offerings, it goes beyond core curriculum to help students discover passions, build skills and create experiences.
- Warriors BEyond - Experiential learning opportunities that allow students to explore interests and possible career paths with ungraded, hands-on courses.
You can learn about all of these programs individually here.
I am proud of these five programs and the many more that showcase our excellence on a daily basis. As we build towards the future and the Destination 2026 strategic plan, it is clear that these programs are allowing our students to explore knowledge, skills and experiences they will need to compete globally and succeed consistently in tomorrow’s world.