ANNOUNCEMENTS -- Wednesday, October 30, 2019
1. The following colleges will be visiting the CCPC, located in the main office area. Students interested in learning more about these colleges/universities are encouraged to attend.
Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising – 5th bell
UC Main Campus – 6th bell
2. Foil your dinner plans and stop by the Fairfax Chipotle today from 5:00pm - 9:00pm. Tell them you are there to support MHS PTO and Chipotle will donate 33% of the proceeds of your purchase. Grab some friends, grab some food and enjoy some time together all while helping an organization that works for MHS.
3. Attention Key Club members: Volunteers are needed to serve as ushers for this year's Fall Play, Nov. 21st through the 23rd at 6:45. Please sign up on the Key Club bulletin board in Blue block room 113, Mrs. Bell's room.
4. Online Ticket Sales for the MHS Fall Play open tomorrow, October 31 at 8 a.m.
There are presently 51,173,992 high school students in the U.S., more or less. And Mariemont High School’s production of E. Eugene Perry’s “Just a High School Play” showcases 18 representative characters.
Anyone who’s in or ever been to high school will recognize them all: The Jock, the Shy Kid, the Gossip, the Cheerleader, the Joker, the Brain, the New Kid, the Hunk, the Actress, the Trouble, the Observer, the Poet, the Reputation… Just a High School Play deals with the thoughts and reflections of 18 realistic and profoundly individualistic small town high school students as they approach the end of their senior year.
Performances take place Thursday through Saturday, Nov. 21-23 at 7:30 p.m. in the Mariemont High School Auditorium, 1 Warrior Way. The fall play is general seating, and auditorium doors open at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are available online at https://mariemonths.seatyourself.biz beginning Thursday, Oct. 31 at 8 a.m. Your emailed receipt from SeatYourself serves as your ticket. Please print or be prepared to show the receipt/ticket on your mobile device at the door.
The box office will open one hour prior to each show for questions or ticket purchases via cash or check only. Tickets ordered online cannot be refunded, but feel free to sell to a friend or donate them to the box office for re-use. For ticketing questions, please contact Suzy Weinland at [email protected]
5. Did you know that Mariemont has a newspaper site? Check out the Warpath and read about the latest news at https://warpathonline.org/.
6. Mariemont High School Cheerleading is now recruiting for the Freshman Basketball Cheer Squad! Cheerleading is an amazing sport that is incredibly fun, rewarding and an amazing way to show your Warrior Pride. No experience necessary. Please sign up at the main office and reach out to Lauren Reynolds with any questions and for more information. First practice is November 18th. Go Warriors!
7. Seniors: Your senior picture, inspirational quote, and baby picture are due on Friday, 12/6. Please have all items submitted to the yearbook email ([email protected]) by that date or risk being excluded from the senior section of the yearbook. See Mr. Becksfort if you have any questions.
8. Congratulations to the Mariemont Cross Country team on their performance at the regional meet this past Saturday. The Mariemont Boys Team placed 5th. The Mariemont Girls team placed 5th. Lily Bauer placed 6th, qualifying for the State Championship in Hebron, Ohio this Saturday.
9. Sources of Strength is meeting today at lunch. Pizza provided.
10. Congratulations to the MHS girls’ varsity soccer team on their 2-1 win over Madeira in the Regional Semifinal last night. The team will play CCD in the Regional Final this Saturday at noon at Norwood Shea Stadium.