ANNOUNCEMENTS -- Wednesday, March 11, 2020
1. Marshall University will be here on Monday, March 16 during 5th period, and
Lynn University will be visiting during 4th period on Tuesday, the 17th.
2. The OLA will move to the main gym bells again on Thursday.
3. This weekend was the regional selection of the Ohio Governor's art show. 1500 pieces were submitted and Mariemont had 4 pieces that have gone on to the State level. Congratulations to Caroline Dewees with 2 pieces selected, Liv Ferry one piece, and Claire Wilder one piece.
4. Art Club will meet on Tuesday during Advisory!
5. Please bring Ms. Spooner old milk/juice cartons. She is looking for paper cartons that are 2 Quarts or a half gallon.
6. Congratulations to our Overwatch team for winning their match yesterday against Milford 3 games to zero! This marks the first ever eSports victory in school history.
The Rocket League and Smash Bros. team will play their first games today starting around 3:30.
7. Coney Island is hiring lifeguards for the season. All lifeguards are eligible to participate in their new bonus program. Apply online at ConeyIslandPark.com or see the flier in the counseling office.
8. Do you enjoy working with children? Are you enthusiastic, need a summer job? Laffalot Summer Camp in the Cincinnati area is hiring camp counselors ages 15 and up. Go to the Laffalot Summer Camps website or check out the flier in the counseling office.
9. Stepping Stones is looking for volunteers to help with Believe 2 Achieve, a downtown fundraising event to be held on June 20th from 7-10pm. To sign up as a volunteer and learn more about Believe 2 Achieve, visit: https://steppingstonesohio.org/volunteer-at-believe-2-achieve/ You can also contact Kelly Crow at [email protected] or 513-965-5148.
10. Detention today will be served with Mr. Weiss in Room 105.
11. Washing your hands is one of the most effective ways to prevent the spread of germs. Clean hands can stop germs from spreading from one person to another and throughout an entire community. Washing your hands the right way involves five steps.
Step One: WET YOUR HANDS WITH CLEAN RUNNING COLD OR WARM WATER.
Step Two: APPLY SOAP AND LATHER YOUR HANDS BY RUBBING THEM TOGETHER WITH THE SOAP. Lather the backs or your hands, between your fingers and under your nails.
Step Three: SCRUB YOUR HANDS FOR AT LEAST 20 SECONDS.
Step Four: RINSE YOUR HANDS WELL UNDER CLEAN, RUNNING WATER.
The final step: DRY YOUR HANDS USING A HAND DRYER.
If soap and water aren’t readily available, you can use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. When using hand sanitizers APPLY THE GEL PRODUCT TO THE PALM OF ONE HAND, RUB YOUR HANDS TOGETHER MAKING SURE THE GEL REACHES ALL THE SURFACES OF YOUR HANDS AND FINGERS UNTIL YOUR HANDS ARE DRY. This should take around 20 seconds. You can help yourself, your family and friends stay healthy by washing your hands often!