Families can choose to have their child, or children, learn online during this pandemic. This option is available for all K-12 students. This decision can be made child by child, or by family. Our ONLINE WARRIORS will still be very much a part of our school community. There are capacity limits to each grade level. Since the deadline to enroll has passed, a child will only be permitted to join the ONLINE WARRIORS if space permits. Our K-6 Online Warriors experience is currently at capacity. To request enrollment, please contact Shannon Kromer at [email protected].
All Online Warrior Students...
- Must commit to one full semester.
- Will spend as much time learning in an online manner as the in-school students, as mandated by the state.
- Will be able to participate in clubs, activities, sports and school sponsored events, if desired.
- Will be required to participate in on-line lessons each day. Attendance is mandatory.
- Must follow all school rules and dress code during synchronous online learning sessions.
- Will be provided the same supplies and resources given to the in-school students and will be expected to purchase any supplies listed on the grade level supply lists.
- Will receive grades per the district grading scale.
- WIll engage with teachers regularly and will engage with peers when possible.
- Will be formatively and summatively assessed and will take the same common assessments as their in-school peers.
- Will receive Intervention, Special Education or ESOL support and have access to mental health services.
K-6 Online Warriors...
- Will have a dedicated Mariemont teacher to lead the instruction of literacy, math, social studies and science.
- Will receive a personalized learning schedule from the teacher.
- Will log-in each day to receive daily instruction which will include both teacher-led and student-managed activities.
- Will use Seesaw (K-4) and Schoology (5-6) as a learning management platform.
- Must contact their school building to report absence or illness.
If MCSD moves to Tier Three remote learning throughout the first semester, K-6 Online Warriors will continue to follow the personalized K-6 Online Warriors schedule.
7-8 Online Warriors...
If MCSD moves to Tier Three remote learning throughout the first semester, 7-8 Online Warriors will follow the Tier Three Remote Learning Schedule like the 7-8 face-to-face students will.
9-12 Online Warriors...
- Will participate in English/ELA, math science, social studies and world language subject areas.
- Will follow the expectations provided by the classroom teacher or teachers.
- Will be able to select electives from FuelEducation online content provider.
- Will have a maximum of seven courses.
- Will participate in asynchronous and synchronous lessons with their assigned Mariemont teacher(s) each day.
- Will use Schoology as the learning management platform.
- Will be able to participate in chorus, band or orchestra.
- Must contact their school building to report an absence or illness, just as in face-to-face instruction.
If MCSD moves to Tier Three remote learning throughout the first semester, 9-12 Online Warriors will follow the Tier Three Remote Learning Schedule like the 9-12 face-to-face students will.