Congratulations to the Varsity Warrior Soccer team on their 5-0 win over Wheelersburg in the state semi-final match. The team advances to the OHSAA D3 State Championship game vs Mooney at 1pm on Saturday at MAPFRE (Columbus Crew) Stadium.
Here are things fans need to know:
- Tickets are available at www.ohsaa.org/tickets for $12 each. In order to purchase tickets, you must have a passcode from a participating school. Mariemont tickets will be allocated to team member families, staff, students, community members, in that order. To request a code, contact the athletic director at [email protected]
- MAPFRE Stadium and parking can be accessed by using exit 111 on I-71. There is a $7 charge for parking.
- Gates to the stadium will open at noon.
- Spectators attending the game must properly wear a mask covering the nose and mouth, and social distance of 6' must be maintained by non-family groups. Families may sit in groups of 4 or less.
- No fans will be permitted on the field at any time.
- Livestreaming of the game is through the OHSAA and will be found at https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/associations/ohsaa/soccer
- The OHSAA official tournament coverage page is located at https://www.ohsaa.org/Sports-Tournaments/Soccer/Soccer-2020/2020-OHSAA-Soccer-State-Tournament-Coverage
- The team bus will leave Mariemont High School at 9:30am. Community members who would like to show their support of the team can come out to the high school, or line Wooster Pike from Pocahontas to the Frisch’s Mainliner at 9:30 and cheer on the team as the bus comes through.