1. Colleges began visiting this week. If you’re a sophomore, junior, or senior, and see a college you’re interested in, please consider attending. You can see a list of the visits in your Scoir account, on the screen in the hub, and on the daily announcements. Remember to get your teacher’s permission before attending. All visits are in the CCPC. This is a great way for students to demonstrate interest in a college! Today, we have Miami University, Hamilton Campus during 4th bell. The following colleges will be visiting on Monday: 1st bell – Worcester Polytechnic Institute and 7th bell – Ohio Northern. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Leszczuk.
2. Attention all Sophomores: you have a mandatory class meeting in the Auditorium during Advisory today. Please report directly to the auditorium after lunch.
3. Attention Freshmen! Homecoming t-shirts are on sale through tomorrow. Fill out the Google form linked to Schoology under the Class of 2025 Group OR scan the QR code on the big screen in the hub! You MUST give $15 to Mila Zanardo, Peyton MacRae, Trevor Mart, or Eloise Letton BY FRIDAY at 3:00 to get a shirt!
4. If you’re interested in joining Leadership Council to help the lives of our community, please speak to Mr. Cummins about applying. You can also talk to one of the Leadership Council officers: Ethan Dill, Braylin Ludwig, Lilly Sharp, or Ryder Osgood to get your application. All applications are due by September 14th.
5. Seniors, make sure you read your CCPC Communications email sent last Friday, especially if you are interested in the special scholarships where MHS can nominate one or two seniors for scholarships at Davidson College, Indiana University, North Carolina State, University of Virginia, and UNC Charlotte. You must complete the MHS nomination application by September 13 and return it to Mrs. Leszczuk.
6. The Mariemont Chess Club informational meeting will be held during lunch on Tuesday, September 14th in Room 152. All grades and ability levels are welcome!
7. Audition essays for Cappies are due today. Please see Mrs. Lowery or Alexandra Purdy with questions.