1. If you are interested in a career in medicine, then please plan to attend our next Career Chat today, February 23, during Warrior bell via zoom. I’ll be in room 26 downstairs, and you can join me or simply zoom from your Warrior classroom or home. Our speaker is a Physician Scientist who will discuss the unique opportunities that medical doctors have to impact health including the traditional role that doctors have, the research career path for physicians, and innovation as well. See your Counseling Schoology course for the zoom link and see Mrs. Leszczuk if you have any questions.
2. Art Club will be meeting today in the 3D art room (room 20) at lunch! We will be starting on a mural and planning for this semester!
3. All the books in the English department collaboration space are free to a good home. Feel free to take as many as you'd like: whether to read or use for projects!
4. All sophomores will be participating in the SOS, Signs of Suicide Program this Wednesday at 2nd bell. You will not be going to your regular second bell class. Check Schoology for your room location. SOS Signs of Suicide teaches warning signs for suicide and how to ACT (Acknowledge, Care, Tell) to get help if you are worried about yourself or a friend. See Mrs. Zaya if you have any questions.
5. Sources of Strength has a meeting at lunch on Wednesday in the upper gym.
6. Sources of strength is yet again hosting the Volleyball Tournament starting this Thursday during warrior bell in the gym. If you’re interested in being a part of a team or represent your grade level, scan the QR code found on the screens around the high school and fill out the google form. Two teams will be put together and made for each grade level. The rest of the tournament will be held on Tuesday the 2nd during lunch and Thursday the 4th during warrior bell. If you want to watch the tournament, freshmen and sophomores will enter a raffle for a seat in the gym on Tuesday during lunch. All Juniors will be allowed to watch in the gym on this Thursday, and all seniors will be allowed in the gym on Thursday the 5th to watch the finals. If you are not in the gym, the tournament will be streaming in advisory rooms and in the hub to watch. No drinks will be permitted in the gym and if you are playing, remember to wear gym shoes!