ANNOUNCEMENTS -- Tuesday, September 17, 2019
1. The faculty and staff of Mariemont High School are pleased to announce that two seniors at MHS have been named National Merit Commended Students by the College Board. Jacquelyn Kauffman and Evan Wuertemberger scored in the top five percent of the nearly 1.5 million students who took the PSAT last fall. These students, their families, and their teachers are to be congratulated for this exemplary achievement. All of us in the Mariemont School Community are very proud of their outstanding accomplishment and wish them the best of luck as they complete their senior year at MHS.
2. The following colleges will be visiting the CCPC located in the main office area. Students interested in learning more about these colleges/universities are encouraged to attend.
Ohio University – 6th bell
Indiana University – 7th bell
Maryville College – 2nd bell
The University of Alabama – 3rd bell
Kenyon College – 4th bell
Indiana University –Purdue University (IUPUI) – 6th bell
The University of Mount Union – 1st bell
Ohio Northern – 3rd bell
Ball State – 5th bell
Niagara University – 6th bell
3. For Warrior bell today, all juniors should report to the auditorium for ACT information. All sophomores should report to the gymnasium for a class meeting. Seniors and freshmen may report to the library or office hours in the following classrooms: Mrs. Eckroth room 405, Mrs. Szabo room 101, Mr. Colaw room 110, Ms. Reilly room 103, Mr. Becksfort room 104 or Mr. Eten in the collaboration space. Juniors and seniors must return from lunch by 12:30 p.m. Coach Mike will be making note of students returning late. Those students will lose open lunch privileges for the remainder of the 1st quarter.
4. Sources of Strength leaders: we have a meeting tomorrow at lunch in the auditorium. Bring your lunch. Dessert provided.
5. Fall play callbacks will be today after school. Please check the auditorium door to see if you'll be needed today. Final cast list will be posted on the auditorium doors at dismissal on Friday.
6. All students who are interested in learning more about the new eSports program are invited to join Mr. Eten and Mrs. Colpi in the Library Commons today after school at 3:00PM.
7. Art Club will be meeting Thursday right after school in Room 400.
8. SPANISH CLUB! - students wishing to join Spanish Club should attend a brief meeting during lunch today. Meet at the beginning of lunch in Senora Timmerding's room. Please bring club dues.
9. Auditions for Showstoppers, Mariemont's pop a cappella group, are this week! All new and returning singers must audition. Auditions must be submitted online by Thursday. Please check Mrs. McGahey's office door for information on how to get music and submit your audition.
10. Any students interested in riding a spirit bus to Taylor for Friday Night’s football game should sign up in the main office before THURSDAY morning. The bus will leave at 6pm.
Make sure you bring 20$ this week to buy an awesome class shirt and help support this year’s Sophomore float! Find Ethan Dill, Erika Dewey, Ally Frye, or Griffen Wilner any time throughout the day to turn in your money and order the correct size.
12. Detention this week will be served with Mrs. Bell in Room 113.