ANNOUNCEMENTS -- Monday, February 10, 2020
1. Tuesday, February 11, 4th period, Florida Institute of Technology will be visiting. Students should report to the front office.
2. A Mariemont organization is looking for student volunteers to help teach senior citizens basic technology skills. If you need community service hours, this could be a great fit for you. See Mrs. Leszczuk for details.
3. Staff Sgt. McCann of the Marines will be here at 11:00 on Thursday, the 13th, to talk about their NROTC program which offers $180,000 for college expenses before entering the service. Interested students should report to the front office.
4. Are you interested in learning more about problems occurring in the world? Are you interested in being more active in your community? If so, you should join Mariemont Awareness and Activist Club. The first meeting will be today during lunch in Mr. Weiss’s room. Vegan cookies will be provided.
5. Attention all students who are signed up for College Explorations for Intersession. Your parents MUST attend an informational meeting in order for you to receive credit for Intersession. We encourage you to attend the meeting with your parents. All students enrolled in College Explorations MUST attend, even if you attended last year. The first meeting is Tuesday, February 11 at 6:30, the second meeting is on Thursday, February 13 and the final meeting is on Tuesday, February 18. All meetings will begin at 6:30 pm and will be held in the Library/Commons. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Sugerman.
6. Attention all students who registered for Master Class for NEXT school year. You MUST turn in a completed Master Class application with parent signature. All forms must be turned into Mr. Sugerman by February 28th to be placed in Master Class for next school year. All applications can be found in the CCPC or from Mr. Sugerman. If you have any questions please see or email Mr. Sugerman.
7. The Senior Class Blood Drive sponsored by Hoxworth is taking place on Thursday Feb. 20th. Students 16 years or older and parents can be a life saver! Donors can sign up at www.hoxworth.org/groups/warriors or See Mrs. Bell to make an appointment or to pick up permission forms. If you have already signed up, please see Mrs. Bell for your permission forms. All students must have a signed permission form returned before the day of the blood drive.
8. Yearbooks are still available for pre-order through yearbookforever.com. Don't miss out on this one-of-a-kind book. Order yours today before they are gone!
9. Check out our lost and found items, on display by the Library Commons Area, to see if any of your misplaced items have been found.