ANNOUNCEMENTS -- Wednesday, February 5, 2020
MARIEMONT HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Wednesday, February 5, 2020
1. Students, remember that this Thursday, Feb 6 you will register for courses for next year. Please listen carefully:
On Thursday during the Warrior bell time at 12:34, you will report to your 7th bell classroom with your 7th bell teacher. They will have your registration login information. Remember to come prepared to add your courses; you will not have time to think about what courses to take. You will only have time to add the courses into the computer system. If you have any questions, see your counselor. Even though seniors will not be registering for courses you are expected to report to your 7th bell class as well.
2. Tuesday, February 11 during 4th period, Florida Institute of Technology will be visiting. Students should report to the front office.
3. SOSmont has a meeting today at lunch. Bring your lunch.
4. Are you interested in learning more about problems occurring in the world? Are you interested in being more active in your community? If so, you should join Mariemont Awareness and Activist Club. The first meeting will be Monday, February 10th in Mr. Weiss’s room. Vegan cookies will be provided.
5. There's another MHS Library Makerspace Workshop after school this Friday 2/7 where we will continue working on making our own molds out of silicone and pouring resin into the molds for things like chess pieces and dice. See Blackboard for details.
6. The Senior Class Blood Drive sponsored by Hoxworth is taking place on Thursday, Feb. 20th. Students 16 years or older and parents can be a life saver! Donors can sign up at www.hoxworth.org/groups/warriors or see Mrs. Bell to make an appointment or to pick up permission forms. If you have already signed up, please see Mrs. Bell for your permission forms. All students must have a signed permission form returned before the day of the blood drive.
7. eSports players, there will be mandatory team meetings today for Overwatch and Wednesday for Rocket League and Smash Bros. right after school in the eSports room. Try-out week for each game is set for the week of February 10th during the regular time, 3:00-4:30. Everyone must have signed their agreement form and participated in the try-out to be put on the team roster for the 2020 season. If you have any questions or a conflict with another sport, please see Mr. Eten.
8. Vote for your boys basketball Warriors as Team of the Week this week in the Enquirer at cincinnati.com
9. Senior cheerleaders and senior boys basketball players are reminded to return senior night forms to Mr. Nerl this week.
10. Let's all wish our MHS varsity cheerleaders good luck as they head to the Universal Cheerleaders Association Nationals tomorrow in Orlando! They will perform two routines, competing against hundreds of other high schools from across the nation. This is the first time our cheer squad has gone to Nationals, so CONGRATULATIONS girls, and we wish you all the best!
11. There will be a brief meeting for anyone interested in running track this spring on Thursday at 3:15. Weather permitting, the meeting will be on the track.
12. Yearbooks are still available for pre-order through yearbookforever.com. Don't miss out on this one-of-a-kind book. Order yours today before they are gone!
13. Detention this week will be with Mrs. Brown in the Life Skills Room.