ANNOUNCEMENTS -- Thursday, February 13, 2020
1. Staff Sgt. McCann of the Marines is here this bell to talk about their NROTC program which offers $180,000 for college expenses before entering the service. Interested students should report now to the front office.
The following colleges are visiting the CCPC next week:
February 18- 4th period – Universal Technical Institute of Illinois
February 19 – 3rd period – Spaulding University
2. Are you interested in a career in sales, marketing, or internet sales?
If so, then you should definitely come to our next Career Chat, February 18, during Warrior bell in the main office. Our speaker will share about his career journey as well as what he does on a day-to-day basis.
3. Movie Club will be having its first meeting today at lunch in Mr. Weiss' room. Drinks and snacks will be provided. See Andrew Foley if you have any questions.
4. There will be a sign up meeting for boys interested in playing tennis this spring for the Warriors on Feb 20 at 3pm in the library.
5. Jacquelyn Young and Nathan Cox are your candidates for Enquirer Athletes of the Week. Vote until Friday at cincinnati.com.
6. Sources of Strength's campaign this quarter is positive friends. A positive friend is someone you can go to in times of trouble, when in need of advice, and for helpful encouragement. To explore this idea of positive friends and connections throughout the school, we are developing a volleyball tournament that will start Tuesday February 18th during Warrior Bell. If you are interested in participating in the tournament, contact Megan Kromer. Teams will consist of a student from each grade, a wild card, and a sources member. A QR code will be posted around the school; once scanned, complete the form by the end of the day. Prizes will be awarded for participation and for winners!
7. All students who are signed up for College Explorations for Intersession your parents MUST attend an informational meeting in order for you to receive credit for Intersession. We encourage you to attend the meeting with your parents.
The second meeting is tonight, February 13 and the final meeting is on Tuesday, February 18. All meetings will begin at 6:30 pm and will be held in the Library/Commons. If you have any questions please see Mr. Sugerman.
8. Attention all students who registered for Master Class for NEXT school year. You MUST turn in a completed Master Class application with parent signature. All forms must be turned into Mr. Sugerman by February 28th to be placed in Master Class for next school year. All applications can be found in the CCPC or from Mr. Sugerman. If you have any questions please see or email Mr. Sugerman.
9. The Senior Class Blood Drive sponsored by Hoxworth is taking place on Thursday Feb. 20th. Students 16 years or older and parents can be a life saver! Donors can sign up at www.hoxworth.org/groups/warriors or See Mrs. Bell to make an appointment or to pick up permission forms. If you have already signed up, please see Mrs. Bell for your permission forms. All students must have a signed permission form returned before the day of the blood drive. Any student who registers to donate will receive an entry into a raffle to win a Jersey Mike's gift card and will also receive a mini blue tooth speaker.
10. Last chance to check out our lost and found items, on display by the Library Commons Area, to see if any of your misplaced items have been found.
11. Don’t forget to stop by the front office during lunch and Warrior bell this week to purchase raffle tickets to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Don’t miss out on your chance to win a FREE parking pass for the 2020-2021 school year, a $50 Jersey Mikes gift card, and more!
12. Legally Blonde Tickets Now on Sale!
Be sure to get your tickets to the MHS production of Legally Blonde, The Musical, taking place March 6-8 in the MHS Auditorium. Show times are Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. Tickets are $5 for students and senior citizens and $10 for adults. All seating is RESERVED and tickets are available ONLINE ONLY by going to mariemonths.seatyourself.biz. Contact Suzy Weinland with questions at [email protected]
13. Detention this week will be served with Ms. Spooner in the downstairs Art Room, Room 400.