ANNOUNCEMENTS -- Wednesday, November 20, 2019
1. The following representatives will be visiting in the CCPC this week:
Friday, November 22
Shawnee State – 6th bell
2. A representative of the NCAA will be here 7th period tomorrow in the front office. Students interested in playing college sports might benefit from hearing this speaker.
3. SOSmont leaders: we're meeting today at lunch. Bring your lunch. Don't forget- you're welcome to bring a friend with you.
4. Congratulations to the Boy’s and girl’s bowling team on defeating Wyoming in their opening matches of the season. The boy’s team won 2079 to 1568. Bowling for the boys were Dylan Buerger, Stephen Banks, Luc Vitela, Sammy Henkel, Logan Roetting, and Nathan Turner. The girls won 1203 to 1173. Bowling for the girls were Julie Meece, Caroline Romick, Ashley Faulkner, Charly Feightner, Michele Tetrault, and Emily Miller. Great Job by everyone.
5. All parking spots in both the junior and senior lots are now spoken for. Please do not attempt to park in either of these lots if you have not purchased a spot.
6. Attention All Freshman, Sophomores & Juniors - All Intersession selections are due by Tuesday, November 26th. In order to guarantee one of your top choices, all forms must be turned in prior to the deadline. Failure to do so may impact your Intersession selection.
If you were absent or did not receive an Intersession Booklet you may get one by finding Mr. Sugerman in the collaboration space outside the auditorium bells 4-6, in the Library, or in the main office. If you have any questions regarding Intersession, please see Mr. Sugerman.
7. Hey Warriors! Are you interested in learning about and donating to local charities, but don’t know how? Come learn and have a good time at Philanthropy club!! We will be having an informational meeting on Thursday, November 21 during lunch in Mr. Vanags’ room. Treats will be provided. If you have any questions contact Shannon Brady, Ethan Dill, or Olivia Sullivan.
8. This week the Key Club will be collecting non-perishable items and canned goods to help families in our community. The first bell class that brings in the most number of items per student will win a breakfast complements of Key Club. As Thanksgiving approaches, won’t you please consider bringing in canned or boxed goods to help us give others a wonderful Thanksgiving.
9. Students playing winter sports who need to complete their PE requirement are encouraged to turn in the PE waiver as soon as possible. It can be found on the website, or can be picked up in the College and Career Planning Center in the front office.
10. LAST CHANCE to Get Tickets to “Just a High School Play!”
Remember to get your tickets to Mariemont High School’s production of E. Eugene Perry’s Just a High School Play! Performances take place Thursday through Saturday, Nov. 21-23 at 7:30 p.m. in the Mariemont High School Auditorium, 1 Warrior Way. The fall play is general seating. Tickets are available online at https://mariemonths.seatyourself.biz. The Box Office will open at 6:30 for cash only sales, and doors open for seating at 7 p.m.
For ticketing questions, please contact Suzy Weinland at [email protected]
Any student who buys a ticket for the fall play can be entered to win a reserved table for lunch in the library for the month of December. Just show your e-ticket to Mrs. Colpi or Mrs. Morris to get your raffle ticket. Drawing will be held Monday, 11/25 before lunch.
Students are encouraged to purchase tickets online. If buying with cash the night of, please arrive between 6:30 and 7 p.m., The box office opens at 6:30 and closes promptly at 7:30 p.m. so the show can start on time.
11. Congratulations to the MHS Varsity Cheer Competition Squad who won second place in both the Game Day and Performance divisions at the UCA (Universal Cheer Association) regional competition on Nov. 2, and who also won first place in the CHL League Cheer Championship on Nov 9th!
The 12-girl squad will now be competing at the National High School Cheerleading Championship in February in Orlando. This is the first time Mariemont Cheer will be competing at the national level!
The team will be holding multiple fundraisers to raise money for the event and travel expenses. The first fundraiser will be a car wash at Carriage House Car Wash on Sat., Nov. 23 and Sun., Nov. 24 from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. The squad will receive $2 for every car washed, and donations will also be accepted.