ANNOUNCEMENTS -- Wednesday, December 4, 2019
1. Sources of Strength has a meeting today at lunch. Bring your lunch & a friend.
2. The National Honor Society Warm Hands Warm Hearts drive is happening this week. Students are competing in their 6th bell classes to bring in the warmest items, such as coats, gloves, and hats by the end of the week. The class with the most points on Friday will win a free lunch from Canes for their 6th bell. Good luck and happy donating!
3. Did you forget to turn in your Intersession form? All forms must be turned in ASAP. If you need a booklet or Course Selection Form, please come to the main office or you can find them on the Warriors BEyond tab on the website. These forms must be signed by a parent and must be turned in immediately.
4. Seniors: your Senior Portraits should be submitted to the yearbook by this Friday. Please see Mr. Becksfort if you have any questions.
5. Hey, everyone: Did you know that the best time to buy your yearbook is right now? Yearbook prices go up after the first of the year, so be sure to get the best price by ordering today!
6. On Thursday during Warrior Bell, we will have Danielle Stone, a junior at Xavier University who has struggled with depression, anxiety, and an eating disorder, come in to talk to juniors and seniors in the auditorium to share her experience back to wellness.
7. The LOVIS Foundation has two volunteer opportunities if you're interested in some volunteer work. The first opportunity is for this Friday. They have their annual dance for differently-abled students and the Foundation is looking for some volunteers to help out with the dance. The Foundation is also looking for one student to serve as an associate member on their board.
Go to Lovisfoundation.org or see Mrs. Tackett for more information.
8. Auditions for the MHS Spring Musical, Legally Blonde, will be next Tuesday and Wednesday after school. Students interested in a lead or speaking role need to attend both days of auditions. Students NOT interested in a speaking role only need to attend on Wednesday. Students should join the google classroom for access to audition materials. Please see Mrs. McGahey's office door for more information.
9. Volunteers are needed at the Lighting of the Green this Sunday, Dec. 8th. Different shifts are available. Please sign up on the Key Club bulletin board in blue mod #113, Mrs. Bell's room. The organizers are also looking for any group of students who would like to sing Christmas carols during the event. Please see Mrs. Bell asap if you would like to spread some Christmas cheer through song.
10. Detention this week will be served with Mrs. Broo in Room 202.
11. Students looking for employment are invited to attend a hiring party at Frisch’s Big Boy Mainliner location this Friday, December 6 from 2:00 -5:00 PM. There will be free food, games & on the spot job interviews.