ANNOUNCEMENTS -- Thursday, August 29, 2019
1. If you are currently taking PE flex credit, you must complete the required exam. This exam can be found in your PE Flex credit blackboard course. The exam MUST be completed today by 3:00 PM.
See your counselor or Mrs. Morris with any questions.
2. All sophomores will all be taking part in the SOS, Signs of Suicide Program this Wednesday at 2nd bell. You will not be going to your regular 2nd bell classroom. Please check Blackboard for your room locations. The list is also posted on the window by the main office. See Mrs. Zaya with any questions.
3. Mr. Commins will be the guest speaker for the leadership lunch this Wednesday. This is mandatory for all Leadership Council members, but we also highly encourage any other students who are interested to please come as well! Pack your lunch & join us in the auditorium during lunchtime on January 15th.
4. Are you planning to play softball this year? Tuesday immediately after school is the final pre-season softball meeting. The meeting will be held in Miss B’s room. All players are expected to attend. If you are unable to make it, please see Miss B. by Tuesday afternoon. Go warriors!.
5. There will be a girls’ lacrosse meeting today after school in Mr. Ferry’s room – Room 300 – for girls playing lacrosse this spring.
6. Art Club will be on Tuesday this week during advisory! Next week we will have it on Thursday after school.
7. Congratulations to the MHS World Affairs Club and their performance at Mason High School’s Model United Nations. Bren Findley won best delegate and Casey Dutro won Honorable Delegate.
8. Congrats to our swimmers who had strong performances at Saturday’s Swim Meet vs. Turpin. Ava Ellis came in first in both the 100 and 200 Freestyle. Jacqueline Young placed 1st in the 100 Breast stroke. Coming in 2nd place was the 200 Medley Relay team of Elizabeth Bonnell, Jacqueline Young, Aida Thoman and Ava Ellis, Will Fahnestock in the 200 Freestyle and 500 Freestyle, Jacqueline Young and Jonah Mikesell in the 200 IM, Philip Forbes in the 50 Freestyle and 100 Butterfly and Elizabeth Bonnell in the 100 Backstroke.
9. Frisch’s will be hold a hiring party on Friday, January 17th from 2-5 at the Wooster Pike location. Job seekers and big boy lovers are encouraged to attend for on-the-spot interviews and free food.
10. Through its Student Leaders program, Bank of America offers high school juniors and seniors paid 8 week internships at a local non-profit and a week-long Summit in Washington, D.C. Applications are being accepted through January 31 at bankofamerica.com/studentleaders.