Posted February 11, 2019
As we continue to move forward with the Mariemont High School facility project, it is important to me to keep our community informed and engaged every step of the way. This is why we have a dedicated facility project page on the school district website with news, information and regular “Hard Hat Updates.”
Additionally, we have also planned three community open house events to share even more information and gather feedback and suggestions, and the first of these open houses will happen this week on Wednesday, Feb. 13. The program begins at 7 p.m. in the Mariemont High School auditorium and will present the community with a chance to see the initial building program plans, get answers and provide feedback.
After a brief introduction from myself and MSA Architects, the event will transition into the high school commons with an open house of four different project focal points. You can learn about any/all of these topics at your own pace with representatives from MSA, Turner Construction, JS Held Owners Reps, board members and administrators at each station. The four focal points of the evening are:
- Project logistics and timeline – develop an understanding of the project timeline, when construction will begin and how the project will be managed for the next two years.
- Program and layout – observe the initial layout design of the classrooms and learning spaces for Mariemont High School and what will be included for staff and students.
- Exterior concepts – compare multiple proposed exterior designs and provide feedback on renderings for potential outside aesthetics of the building.
- Transition plan – discover how we will be using temporary classrooms during the initial construction phase and the minimal disruption they will have on the student experience.
After spending time at one or more stations during the open house, the team and myself will be asking for your feedback on what you saw, heard or learned. During the event, you can provide your opinions in one of three ways:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Text your feedback to 513-666-8410
- Write your feedback on the cards provided at the Community Open House
The opinion and input of our community is just as important now as it has been through this entire MHS facility project. Together, we all can create a Mariemont High School that will serve our students for many years to come. I hope to see you on Wednesday night!