1. The following colleges will be visiting the CCPC located in the main office area. Students interested in learning more about these colleges/universities are encouraged to attend.
Tuesday, October 15th:
Centre College – 2nd Bell
Miami University – 4th Bell
Thursday, October 17th:
Sewanee University of the South – 5th Bell
Virginia Tech – 6th Bell
Monday, October 21st:
Trinity College – 2nd Bell
Providence College – 3rd Bell
Franklin College – 7th Bell
Wednesday, October 23rd:
Milwaukee Institute of Art – 4th Bell
Valparaiso University – 7th Bell
2. Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors will take the PSAT Wednesday morning. Room assignments are posted in the Main Office and on Blackboard.
3. There will be a meeting to determine interest in Mock Trial on Tuesday, October 15, at 11:50 a.m. in the gymnasium. Please see Dr. Renner if you have any questions.
4. Today, October 14th, we will have an adjustment to our schedule due to a school assembly. Dr. Scott Grant will be meeting with students to discuss social media and personal branding.
We will run a warrior bell schedule for the day, but will make the following adjustments for lunch:
11:45 – 12:30 – Juniors and Seniors go to lunch. Freshmen and Sophomores report to the auditorium for the assembly.
12:30 – 1:11 – Juniors and Seniors report to the auditorium. Freshmen and Sophomores go to lunch.
Please bring a pen or pencil to the assembly.
5. Reminder to all students you will not have time to work on assignments or meet with other teachers during Warrior Bell on Thursday, October 17th. All students will be completing a Digital Literacy lesson and completing the HOPE survey in Warrior Bell.
6. MHS Investment club is now enrolling new members for the 2019-2020 school year. This unique stock focused investment club gives students the opportunity to learn the basics of investing in the stock market while managing real MSF funds. As well, the club includes a competitive simulation component in which students can compete for a $500 college scholarship and other prizes for top finishers.
Be sure to attend the next meeting tonight, October 14 at 7p.m. in the main office. Stop by the office for more information or talk to Oliver Peterman or Bren Findley.
7. There will be an informational meeting for Mrs. Long's new mindfulness club during lunch on Wednesday October 16th in room 406. If you are interested in becoming a member you must attend the meeting. Please stop by her room for an informational flier.
8. Are you interested in playing softball this spring? The girl’s softball team will have an informational meeting this Wednesday, October 16th, in Coach B’s room, room 403. New players to the sport are always welcome, so please attend if you are planning or even considering playing this spring. Again, that’s Wednesday, softball meeting, after school, Coach B’s room.