ANNOUNCEMENTS -- Thursday, October 10, 2019
1. The following colleges will be visiting the CCPC located in the main office area. Students interested in learning more about these colleges/universities are encouraged to attend.
Ohio Wesleyan will be here at 2:07
University of Dayton will be here at 11:21.
Tuesday, October 15th:
Centre College will be here at 8:34
Miami University at 10:12
Thursday, October 17th:
Sewanee University of the South at 11:05
Virginia Tech at 1:18
Monday, October 21st:
Trinity College will be here at 8:39
Providence College at 9:33
Franklin College at 2:02
2. Fall senior athletes are reminded to return your senior night forms in to Mr. Nerl ASAP.
3. Good luck to Kate Taylor, playing in the District Tennis Tournament today!
4. During 4th period tomorrow, distinguished alumna Mr. Shackelford will present to students in the auditorium and Mr. Carter will present in the gym. Students from the following courses should attend each of the presentations. For Mr. Shackelford’s presentation: Journalism, Key Club, all business classes, 2/D & 3/D art classes go to the auditorium. Mr. Carter’s presentation: Sources of Strength, Psychology, Leadership Council, Sociology, FOCUS, Math Concepts report to the gymnasium. I have shared information below on the two honorees in your Bb announcements. Students who are in more than one of the clubs/classes listed above may choose whichever speaker they wish. Please check you Bb announcements for further details.
5. Next Monday, October 14th, we will have an adjustment to our schedule due to a school assembly. Dr. Scott Grant will be meeting with students to discuss social media and personal branding.
We will run a warrior bell schedule for the day, but will make the following adjustments for lunch:
11:45 – 12:30 – Juniors and Seniors go to lunch. Freshmen and Sophomores report to the auditorium for the assembly.
12:30 – 1:11 – Juniors and Seniors report to the auditorium. Freshmen and Sophomores go to lunch.
6. Reminder to all students you will not have time to work on assignments or meet with other teachers during Warrior Bell on Thursday, October 17th. All students will be completing a Digital Literacy lesson and completing the HOPE survey in Warrior Bell.
7. MHS Investment club is now enrolling new members for the 2019-2020 school year. This unique stock focused investment club gives students the opportunity to learn the basics of investing in the stock market while managing real MSF funds. As well, the club includes a competitive simulation component in which students can compete for a $500 college scholarship and other prizes for top finishers.
Be sure to attend the next meeting Monday night, October 14 at 7p.m. in the main office. Stop by the office for more information or talk to Oliver Peterman or Bren Findley.
8. National Honor Society will have a mandatory full membership meeting today, Oct. 10 from 3-3:30 in the auditorium. All new and current members should attend. We will be organizing for the upcoming Induction Ceremony.
9. There will be an informational meeting for Mrs. Long's new mindfulness club during lunch on Wednesday October 16th in room 406. If you are interested in becoming a member you must attend the meeting. Please stop by her room for an informational flier.
10. Don't forget to vote for your 2019 Homecoming King and Queen today. Time is running out so be sure to check your Blackboard announcements and vote for you who want to win!
11. Remember this week is Spirit Week...Don't forget to wear your class t-shirt tomorrow.
12. Homecoming tickets will be on sale in the main office today through Friday, October 11th during your lunch and during Warrior Bell. Tickets cost $20. If you do not have a ticket, you will not be able to attend the dance, so don't forget!
13. The PTO will once again sell corsages and boutonnieres for the upcoming Homecoming dance! Corsages are $21 and Boutonnieres are $11. Custom orders are available by calling Donna Lennox at Events & Florals of Mariemont 513-271-2266. Flower pick up will be in the school office immediately after school on Homecoming Friday - October 10, from 2:45-3:30 p.m. Ordering will take place online or by calling Events and Florals of Mariemont directly. You can place and pay for your order by clicking on this link:
14. FOR ANYONE WHO PARKS IN THE JUNIOR LOT…Tomorrow, anyone who parks in the junior lot is asked to park on the practice field during school hours. You will drive up the hill to the senior lot and turn right AND PARK IN THE GRASS. You will be directed where to park. Please drive safely in the grass.