ANNOUNCEMENTS -- Tuesday, October 29, 2019
1. The following colleges will be visiting the CCPC, located in the main office area. Students interested in learning more about these colleges/universities are encouraged to attend.
Berea College – 5th Bell
UC Blue Ash – 6th Bell
Wednesday, October 30th:
Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising – 5th bell
UC Main Campus – 6th bell
2. Are you interested in a career in Industrial Design?
If so, then you should definitely come to our Career Chat today during Warrior Bell in the main office. Mr. Bob Woolf will be here to discuss the field of Industrial Design, which combines engineering and art. He has worked on product development for companies that produce housewares, medical products, furniture, retail displays and environments, in addition to volunteering at May We Help.
3. We will be having a short bowling meeting today in Mr. Barr’s room 33 after school. If for some reason you cannot attend, please see Mr. Barr for the information being passed out during the meeting. Also, please fill out Final Forms if you are interested in bowling.
4. Foil your dinner plans and stop by the Fairfax Chipotle tomorrow from 5:00pm - 9:00pm. Tell them you are there to support MHS PTO and Chipotle will donate 33% of the proceeds of your purchase. Grab some friends, grab some food and enjoy some time together all while helping an organization that works for MHS.
5. Attention Key Club members: Volunteers are needed to serve as ushers for this year's Fall Play, Nov. 21st through the 23rd at 6:45. Please sign up on the Key Club bulletin board in Blue block room 113, Mrs. Bell's room.
6. Online Ticket Sales for the MHS Fall Play open Thursday, October 31 at 8 a.m.
There are presently 51,173,992 high school students in the U.S., more or less. And Mariemont High School’s production of E. Eugene Perry’s “Just a High School Play” showcases 18 representative characters.
Anyone who’s in or ever been to high school will recognize them all: The Jock, the Shy Kid, the Gossip, the Cheerleader, the Joker, the Brain, the New Kid, the Hunk, the Actress, the Trouble, the Observer, the Poet, the Reputation… Just a High School Play deals with the thoughts and reflections of 18 realistic and profoundly individualistic small town high school students as they approach the end of their senior year.
Performances take place Thursday through Saturday, Nov. 21-23 at 7:30 p.m. in the Mariemont High School Auditorium, 1 Warrior Way. The fall play is general seating, and auditorium doors open at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are available online at https://mariemonths.seatyourself.biz beginning Thursday, Oct. 31 at 8 a.m. Your emailed receipt from SeatYourself serves as your ticket. Please print or be prepared to show the receipt/ticket on your mobile device at the door.
The box office will open one hour prior to each show for questions or ticket purchases via cash or check only. Tickets ordered online cannot be refunded, but feel free to sell to a friend or donate them to the box office for re-use. For ticketing questions, please contact Suzy Weinland at [email protected]
7. Did you know that Mariemont has a newspaper site? Check out the Warpath and read about the latest news at https://warpathonline.org/.
8. Students interested in taking a spirit bus to tomorrow night’s boys soccer game at Kettering Fairmont should sign up in the office before noon today. The bus will leave around 5:30 on Wednesday, but you need to sign up.
9. Ms. Stinnett’s 6th and 7th bell classes should go to study hall in the auditorium today.