Girls’ Chorus rehearsal that was supposed to meet after school today is cancelled.
ATTENTION GR 8 PARENTS: Registration Information for Parents: Today, February 12, 2018 from 6:30pm-7:15pm. On the evening of February 12th, there will be a parent information session that will take place in the library at the junior high. This is an opportunity to learn about the course registration process for the high school and include a Q&A with Mrs. Skinner and Mrs. Zaya.
The following is the timeline we intend to follow based upon the recommendations made by our committee:
- Elective teacher videos will be shared with students and families that include explanations of the courses as well as student expectations in order for students to have more information when choosing their elective classes. These videos will be made available after the February 12th evening parent meeting.
- Parents and students will be provided with a 4-year scheduling worksheet / map so that families can work together to consider the courses they would like students to take during their time at MHS. This will be sent home with the video link.
- Junior high teacher recommendations and the scheduling form will be mailed home on February 13th.
- Eighth grade scheduling forms are due to Mrs. Skinner on February 20th.
- Scheduling verification forms will be mailed home for parent review and signature on February 27th. These forms will include alternate courses. Parents and students should indicate at this time if they wish for an override into a non-recommended course level.
- Verification forms must be returned to the junior high by March 6th.
- Parents / students will be notified of the decision on their override requests by April 20th.
- Students and parents will receive their line schedule of courses that were requested on May 4th. These schedules will not include the teachers, bell times, or lunch information.
- Students and parents will have until May 18th to see their counselor about a course change. After May 18th, all schedules are final.
There will be a Tinkerspace meeting in rom 109 on Tuesday until 4:00. Make sure you bring a coat as we will be outside for a little bit.
Congrats to the Gold Lady warriors for their victory on Saturday over Wyoming 23-21. Sarah lead the way with 7 points and Kendall added 5 points. They are at home tonight at 430pm to take on Deer Park.
Congrats to the Blue Lady warriors for their victory on Saturday over Harrison 38-5. Catherine lead the way with 9 points and everyone scored. They are at home on Saturday at 3pm to take on Sycamore.
Late Arrival / Early Dismissal Procedure: Parents please send a note to school with your student if they need to leave early for an appointment or other reason. Please remind your student to bring the note to the office upon arrival (prior to first bell class) where they will receive a pass to leave class early and wait at the office until you arrive. If this procedure is followed, your student will be sent outside to meet you upon your arrival. In place of a note to school you may email Mrs. Murray prior to 8:30.