Come one come all! Auditions for Romeo and Winifred will be held next week, Monday through Thursday 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the commons. Be prepared to read from the script you have picked up from your language arts teacher or Ms. Collins. Don’t forget to reserve your spot on the sign-up sheet on the bulletin board next to room 212. If you have any questions, please feel free to stop by Ms. Collins’ room, 212.If you wish to be a part of tech crew, you do not need to be at auditions, but you do need to attend the first rehearsal on Tuesday, February 20th from 3-4 p.m. Hope to see you at auditions!
ATTENTION GR 8 PARENTS: Registration Information for Parents: February 12, 2018 from 6:30pm-7:15pm On the evening of February 12th, there will be a parent information session that will take place in the library at the junior high. This is an opportunity to learn about the course registration process for the high school and include a Q&A with Mrs. Skinner and Mrs. Zaya.
The following is the timeline we intend to follow based upon the recommendations made by our committee:
- Elective teacher videos will be shared with students and families that include explanations of the courses as well as student expectations in order for students to have more information when choosing their elective classes. These videos will be made available after the February 12th evening parent meeting.
- Parents and students will be provided with a 4-year scheduling worksheet / map so that families can work together to consider the courses they would like students to take during their time at MHS. This will be sent home with the video link.
- Junior high teacher recommendations and the scheduling form will be mailed home on February 13th.
- Eighth grade scheduling forms are due to Mrs. Skinner on February 20th.
- Scheduling verification forms will be mailed home for parent review and signature on February 27th. These forms will include alternate courses. Parents and students should indicate at this time if they wish for an override into a non-recommended course level.
- Verification forms must be returned to the junior high by March 6th.
- Parents / students will be notified of the decision on their override requests by April 20th.
- Students and parents will receive their line schedule of courses that were requested on May 4th. These schedules will not include the teachers, bell times, or lunch information.
- Students and parents will have until May 18th to see their counselor about a course change. After May 18th, all schedules are final.
The Gold Lady Warriors have had a busy week with another home game today vs Kings. On Saturday they beat Taylor 46-9 and then a win yesterday over Reading 25-6.
Congrats to the Blue Lady Warriors for their victory on Saturday over Milford 32-2. They will play at Home this Sunday at 12 noon. Hope you will come out and support the team.
The 8th Grade Lady Warriors won a close game with Reading last night to remain tied for 2nd place in the CHL. The Lady Warriors scored the last 7 points of the game to win it 38-31. It was a balanced scoring effort with Erika Dewey, Ally Frye, Marley Valentine, Ann Gilbertson, Lucy Jacobs and Natalee Shriver all scoring 4 or more points. Special shout out to Marley Valentine who led the team in steals with 5 and rebounds with 11. It is the first game all year with one player leading the team in both categories. Way to go Marley! The girls finish a busy stretch and play tonight against Kings at the Jr. High at 5:30.
Power of the Pen teams will practice TODAY in Mrs. Jordan’s room.
Student in The Art of Glass expedition remember to bring your permission slips by Friday.
Late Arrival / Early Dismissal Procedure: Parents please send a note to school with your student if they need to leave early for an appointment or other reason. Please remind your student to bring the note to the office upon arrival (prior to first bell class) where they will receive a pass to leave class early and wait at the office until you arrive. If this procedure is followed, your student will be sent outside to meet you upon your arrival. In place of a note to school you may email Mrs. Murray prior to 8:30 firstname.lastname@example.org