The JH girls soccer team is off to a great start with 3 wins and 1 loss. Tonight’s game is at Sycamore beginning at 5:45. The team’s bake sale this past weekend raised $420 to benefit Hurricane Harvey relief efforts.
If students and families are interested in donating supplies to relief efforts for Hurricane Harvey, the Builders Club will have collection containers in the MJHS front lobby Tuesday, Sept. 5th-Friday Sept. 8th. The donated items will go to Matthew 25 for them to dispense to those impacted by the devastation. Here are some requested supplies from their website.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
The Mariemont Junior High Back-To-School Dance will be held on Friday, September 8, from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm outside in the Junior High school parking lot (weather permitting). This event is a fun way for students to kick off the start of the school year and enjoy dancing and playing games. Admission is $5 and includes pizza, drinks and snacks. Smart Casual (school dress code applies). Examples: nice jeans, slacks or dress shorts, collared shirt, casual dresses.
The Annual MJH Football / Community Tailgate Party hosted by the Mariemont Athletic Boosters takes place on Friday, September 8 from 5:00 – 6:30 at Kusel Stadium. All proceeds help to support the Mariemont Athletic Boosters. Good Food – Good Fun – Good Cause – GO WARRIORS!
The 31st Annual Kiwanis Art & Craft Fair will be held on Sunday, September 10 from 11a.m until 5pm on Wooster Pike in the center of Mariemont. Free parking and admission. A wide variety of unique original art, crafts, painting and photographs will be featured. All proceeds benefit the Mariemont High School scholarship fund.
Late Arrival / Early Dismissal Procedure: Parents please send a note to school with your student if they need to leave early for an appointment or other reason. Please remind your student to bring the note to the office upon arrival (prior to first bell class) where they will receive a pass to leave class early and wait at the office until you arrive. If this procedure is followed, your student will be sent outside to meet you upon your arrival. In place of a note to school you may email Mrs. Murray prior to 8:30 email@example.com