1. Calling one, calling all MHS Warriors to create and submit work to the Diverse Voices Contest. Contest deadline is tomorrow. See any teacher for information about this groovy opportunity.
2. Registration forms for Lifeguarding Class are on the front counter. Class members must be 15 years old when the class begins. Cost for Mariemont students is $300, and the first 10 people to return their form with payment will be in the class. Return your forms to Mr. Nerl’s mailbox.
3. Students who are interested in selling tickets or working parking crew for spring events should sign up on the sheet on the front counter. See Mr. Nerl if you have any questions!
4. Presale tickets for the boys’ basketball game against CCD at Western Brown on Wednesday at 6pm are on sale in the office for $6. All tickets sold at MHS return a percentage to the school.
5. Congratulations to all the students that participated in the TSA TEAMS Engineering Competition yesterday at the University of Cincinnati. The team of Jack Barnes, Cameron Cumming, Will Henning, Alexandra Kauffmann, Harrison Keith, Jackson Northrop, Emery Shelley, and Fletcher Wells took 3rd Place for 11th/12th grade Division 3. This team also took 5th place overall in the region earning members of the team a $3,500 scholarship to the engineering programs at the University of Cincinnati.
6. Tickets who are interested in selling tickets or working parking crew for spring events should sign up on the sheet on the front counter. See Mr. Nerl if you have any questions!
7. Creative Writing club will meet tomorrow from 3-345 in Ms. Reilly’s room.
8. There will be a key club meeting in the aux gym on Thursday, March 1st for all members during both lunches. Attendance is mandatory!
9. Leadership council will be meeting after school today in C20.
10. There will be a leadership lunch in C20 during both lunches on Wednesday. All are welcome and there will be treats!
11. AFS Club is hosting several international guest student’s tomorrow. Please sign up or see señora Timmerding if you are attending the event after school or helping with baked goods.
12. Attention all Art Students who have been invited to enter the Governor's Art Competition: Your forms and fees are due to Mrs. Richardson TOMORROW. Please bring forms & fees to Mrs. R either in person or place in her teacher mailbox in the office. Thank you.
13. The first hike of the hiking club is this Saturday, March 3rd! See Mrs. Long if you are interested and have not signed up.
14. Cheerleading tryouts will be held on March 7th, 8th, and 9th for the 2018-2019 season from 6:30-8 in the gym. Both football and basketball cheerleaders should attend. This tryout is open to all incoming freshman through seniors. Please contact Stephanie Frey for more information.
15. Attention Key Club members: Volunteers are needed to work an hour shift at the Mariemont Elementary carnival on Sat. March 3. The carnival runs from 4-7 pm. Please see Mrs. Bell or sign up on the Key Club bulletin board to sign up for a shift.
16. The senior class blood drive will take place today in the Aux Gym. Students who signed up are reminded to report at your designated time.
17. The Sound of Music: Tickets are now on sale! Mariemont High School will present the beloved classic “The Sound of Music” Friday, March 16 and Saturday, March 17 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, March 18 at 2 p.m. Tickets can be purchased online by going to www.mariemontschools.org/mariemont-high-school and clicking on “Purchase Tickets to The Sound of Music” at the bottom of the left-hand menu bar. This is a secure website for Mariemont ticket purchases (small processing fees apply). Online ticket sales close two hours prior to each performance. CLICK HERE NOW TO PURCHASE.
Tickets can also be purchased at the MHS Box Office located outside of the MHS Auditorium with cash or check made out to MHS during school lunch hours (11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.) the week of a performance plus one hour before each performance. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students and senior citizens. ALL SEATING IS RESERVED, and tickets to the musical often sell out so buy your tickets early! Questions? Please contact Delta Crabtree at firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. There are many Lost and Found items on display in the front lobby. Please stop by to see if you recognize anything.
19. Detention this week will be served with Ms. Storch in Room 14.