1. If you are interested in a career in start-up businesses or marketing, then you should attend our Career Chat on this Thursday, Feb. 22. A former MHS graduate, Hank Molski, will be presenting during both lunches in the upper library. Bring your lunch and feel free to bring a friend.
2. Sophomores: Are you interested in leadership opportunities? The Regional Youth Leadership Program is accepting applications for next year’s class. Applications are due Feb. 23rd. See Blackboard for details.
3. Calling one, calling all MHS Warriors to create and submit work to the Diverse Voices Contest. Contest deadline is February 28th. See any teacher for information about this groovy opportunity.
4. Creative Writing Club will meet Wednesday from 3-3:45 in Ms. Reilly’s room. If you are interested in working on a piece for the Diverse Voices Contest please consider joining us!
5. There will be an important sign up meeting for any boys interested in playing tennis this spring in C-20 today, right after school.
6. Congratulations to our Water Warriors on an AMAZING showing at the District Championships last Friday. The Girls’ Team claimed their 3rd consecutive District Championship. Mariemont won all 3 Girls’ relays with the combination of Brooke Woellert, Katrina DeCamp, Cora Dupre, Catherine Geary, Lainey Newman, Kate Overbey and Erin Kelly. Cora also won both the 50 and 100 Free, setting district records in both. Her 50 time is a school record as well. Speaking of breaking school records, both the Boys’ 200 Medley and 200 Free relays consisting of Nick McCarthy, Jackson Comer, Gabe Hartnett, Ian Mikesell, and Davis Schmit broke long standing school records. The 200 Free Relay record was from 20 years ago and the medley had our Olympian Nick Thoman on it. Ian didn’t stop there; he took down the 100 Breast record on his way to claiming another gold. We are sending 14 swimmers to Canton tomorrow. Be sure to wish Kyleigh Spang and the Cox brothers, Jacob and Nathan, good luck as they leave tonight to dive tomorrow morning. Way to go Water Warriors and thanks for keeping Mariemont as one of the premier programs in the state of Ohio!
7. Vote Cora Dupre and Ian Mikesell as Enquirer Athletes of the Week. Vote at www.cincinnati.com.
8. Attention Key Club members: Volunteers are needed to work an hour shift at the Mariemont Elementary carnival on Sat. March 3. The carnival runs from 4-7 pm. Please see Mrs. Bell or sign up on the Key Club bulletin board to sign up for a shift.
9. The senior class blood drive will take place on Tuesday Feb. 27th. Students 16 years or older as well as parents are eligible to donate and save a life. To make an appointment to donate students should see Mrs. Bell. Parents please contact/email Mrs. Bell.
10. Don’t forget… Decafe will be reopening Wednesday! The Decafe will now be offering smoothies. These 16oz beverages made with real fruit can be your perfect breakfast every Monday, Wednesday and Friday starting this week! Make sure to stop by tomorrow for this amazing new product.
11. There are many Lost and Found items on display in the front lobby. Please stop by to see if you recognize anything.
12. Detention this week will be served with Ms. Baas in Room 25.