1. Any junior or senior who is interested in applying for the Simon Lazarus award should come to the CCPC for an application. Applications are due back by 8:00 Friday. The criterion for the award are students who: Help others, Lead others to tackle society’s problems, and act in a manner to reduce prejudice acts and attitudes.
2. Sgt. McDonald of the US Army will be available in the CCPC today at 1:00 to speak with interested students.
3. Sgt. Williams of the US Marines will be in the CCPC on Monday, February 12th at 10:45 to speak with interested students.
4. If interested in going to the New York Intersession next May, please see Ms. Storch for sign up information.
5. Sophomores: Please return permission slips for the Respect Retreat to the counselors in the CCPC by next Wednesday the 14th.
6. Freshman/Sophomores/Juniors: If you were absent last Thursday, the counselors held scheduling meetings about registering for next year’s classes. Please stop by the CCPC to pick up an information packet.
7. Student Council will have a meeting in Mrs. Stinnett's room Wednesday after school.
8. Creative Writing Club will meet Wednesday from 3-3:45 in Ms. Reilly’s room. If you are interested in working on a piece for the Diverse Voices Contest, please consider joining us!
9. Join us tonight for the boys’ basketball and cheerleading senior night against Taylor! Senior introductions will begin around 7pm, so come early and help us thank our seniors!
10. Are you looking for volunteer hours or a leadership position? Help tutor elementary students at Mariemont or Terrace Park on Tuesday or Thursday afternoons! Contact junior Amelia Popowics if you are interested and want more information.
11. Attention Key Club members: Volunteers are needed to work an hour shift at the Mariemont Elementary carnival on Sat. March 3. The carnival runs from 4-7 pm. Please see Mrs. Bell or sign up on the Key Club bulletin board to sign up for a shift.
12. Fairfax Swim Club is hiring lifeguards for the summer. You must be 15 or older and have lifeguard/CPR certification. Scheduling is flexible with competitive wages. If you don’t have lifeguard certification, certification classes will be held at the pool this Spring. See the flier outside the CCPC for details and contact information.
13. Detention today will be served with Mrs. Hayes in Room 20.