1. Any junior or senior who is interested in applying for the Simon Lazarus award should come to the CCPC for an application. Applications are due back by 8:00 Friday. The criterion for the award are students who: Help others, Lead others to tackle society’s problems, and act in a manner to reduce prejudice acts and attitudes.
2. Sgt. McDonald of the US Army will be available in the CCPC on Tuesday at 1:00 to speak with interested students.
3. We’d like to say congratulations to our Mariemont High School Destination Imagination teams ( Crummy Cookies, Unjustifiers, and The Bachelor) as they all took 1st place and will be heading to State Competition in March. Go Warriors!
4. Congratulations to the Girls’ Swimming & Diving Team for capturing their 5th consecutive CHL championship in a row…the first to do so here at Mariemont. The Boys’ Team nearly pulled off a runner-up finish, getting 3rd by just 17 points. Cora Dupre shattered 2 league records on her way to being named CHL Swimmer of the Year for the 2nd year in a row. Also capturing 2 titles were Ian Mikesell, Lainey Newman, and Kate Overbey. Brooke Woellert won the 200 I.M. for the 4th year in a row. Our Water Warriors won all 3 of the girls’ relays and the boys sprinted their way to the 200 Free Relay crown. There was a lot of fast swimming and time drops but Freshman Lauren Schmit stunned the crowd with her incredible 10 second drop in the 100 Breast and 7 second drop in the 100 Free. Way to go Water Warriors and thank you for keeping Mariemont at the top of the CHL! Good luck to our divers as they head up to Miami tonight for the Sectional tournament.
5. Are you looking for volunteer hours or a leadership position? Help tutor elementary students at Mariemont or Terrace Park on Tuesday or Thursday afternoons! Contact junior Amelia Popowics if you are interested and want more information.
6. Student Council will have a meeting in Mrs. Stinnett's room Wednesday after school.
7. Creative Writing Club will meet Wednesday from 3-3:45 in Ms. Reilly’s room. If you are interested in working on a piece for the Diverse Voices Contest, please consider joining us!
8. Attention Key Club members: Volunteers are needed to work an hour shift at the Mariemont Elementary carnival on Sat. March 3. The carnival runs from 4-7 pm. Please see Mrs. Bell or sign up on the Key Club bulletin board to sign up for a shift.
9. Fairfax Swim Club is hiring lifeguards for the summer. You must be 15 or older and have lifeguard/CPR certification. Scheduling is flexible with competitive wages. If you don’t have lifeguard certification, certification classes will be held at the pool this Spring. See the flier outside the CCPC for details and contact information.