1. Any junior or senior who is interested in applying for the Simon Lazarus award should come to the CCPC for an application. Applications are due back by 8:00 on February 9. The criterion for the award are students who: Help others, Lead others to tackle society’s problems, and act in a manner to reduce prejudice acts and attitudes.
2. ALL students planning to officially join the hiking club need to stop by Mrs. Long's room this week to sign up and to pick up a letter for your families detailing information about the 4 hikes that have been planned.
3. Student Council will have a meeting in Mrs. Stinnett's room next Wednesday after school.
4. Creative Writing Club will meet Wednesday from 3-3:45 in Ms. Reilly’s room. If you are interested in working on a piece for the Diverse Voices Contest, please consider joining us!
5. Senior night forms for varsity boys’ basketball and varsity cheer are due back to Mr. Nerl today.
6. Good luck to the Mariemont divers competing in the CHL Championships tonight in our pool. Diving starts at 7pm, stop in and cheer for them!
7. Good luck to the Water Warriors in the CHL Championships tomorrow at the Powell Crosley YMCA at 3pm. The Girls’ Team is going for an unprecedented 5 CHL Championships in a row.
8. We’d like to wish our Mariemont High School Destination Imagination teams (Crummy Cookies, Unjustifiers, and The Bachelor) the best of luck this weekend as they compete at the Regional level. They will present their challenge solutions on Saturday. First place team in each challenge category will move on to the State Tournament in March. Good luck to all students competing! Go Warriors!
9. Attention Key Club members: Volunteers are needed to work an hour shift at the Mariemont Elementary carnival on Sat. March 3. The carnival runs from 4-7 pm. Please see Mrs. Bell or sign up on the Key Club bulletin board to sign up for a shift.
10. Any sophomore interested in attending Live or Scarlet Oaks next school year is encouraged to apply online now at www.greatoaks.com. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Tackett. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
11. Kings Island will be holding Job Fairs until 4 pm on the following dates at the Kings Island’s Festhaus: February 17 and March 3. Learn more at kifun.jobs or see the flier outside the CCPC.
12. Dewey’s Pizza in Kenwood is seeking part time cooks and server assistants. No experience required and positions are available for those who need to have a balance of work and school.