1. Any junior or senior who is interested in applying for the Simon Lazarus award should come to the CCPC for an application. Applications are due back by 8:00 on February 9. The criterion for the award are students who: Help others, Lead others to tackle society’s problems, and act in a manner to reduce prejudice acts and attitudes.
2. Bring warm gloves, hats, coats, socks, or blankets to your first bell class for the NHS warm hands, warm hearts drive this week – Thanks!
3. Congratulations to the Varsity and JV Bowling teams on beating Clark last night. Leading the varsity were Dylan Buerger and Giancarlo Vitela. Also, bowling for the varsity were Cam Hollander, MJ Griesmer, Stephen Banks, Emma Veeneman, and Luc Vitela. Leading the JV were Julie Meece and Andy Lindner. Also bowling for the JV were Brad Quick, Trey Mills, Nolan Michaelson, Luke Motto, Anthony Carney, and Will Kemper. The varsity and JV will be bowling against Summit Monday at Madison Bowl.
4. A reminder that Art Club meets this week after school today at 3pm in the downstairs art room.
5. Creative Writing Club will meet today from 3-3:45 in Ms. Reilly’s room. If you are interested in working on a piece for the Diverse Voices Contest please consider joining us!
6. Chess club will meet Thursday after school in Rm. 23.
7. ALL students planning to officially join the hiking club need to stop by Mrs. Long's room this week to sign up and to pick up a letter for your families detailing information about the 4 hikes that have been planned.
8. Attention Key Club members: Volunteers are needed to work an hour shift at the Mariemont Elementary carnival on Sat. March 3. The carnival runs from 4-7 pm. Please see Mrs. Bell or sign up on the Key Club bulletin board to sign up for a shift.
9. The superintendent’s student advisory group meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled.
10. There will be a brief but important Track and Field meeting Thursday after school in the Commons for anyone interested in track and field this spring. If you are a winter sport athlete, stop by the meeting for information and then go to practice.
11. Any sophomore interested in attending Live or Scarlet Oaks next school year is encouraged to apply online now at www.greatoaks.com. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Tackett. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
12. Kings Island will be holding Job Fairs until 4 pm on the following dates at the Kings Island’s Festhaus: February 17 and March 3. Learn more at kifun.jobs or see the flier outside the CCPC.
13. Dewey’s Pizza in Kenwood is seeking part time cooks and server assistants. No experience required and positions are available for those who need to have a balance of work and school.