1. All NHS members, attend a brief meeting today after school in the auditorium.
2. Any junior or senior who is interested in applying for the Simon Lazarus award should come to the CCPC for an application. Applications are due back by 8:00 on February 9. The criterion for the award are students who: Help others, Lead others to tackle society’s problems, and act in a manner to reduce prejudice acts and attitudes.
3. On Tuesday, January 30, the boys’ basketball team will be playing at Indian Hill. Please bring a “premium can of hearty soup” for the Madisonville Education Assistance Center. We are collecting for this organization which is in close proximity to both schools. There will be bins in the gym lobby to collect the soup. Cash donations are also welcome. Thank you!
4. Art Club will be starting up again soon. Our first meeting of the year will be next Wednesday, Jan 31 at 3pm in the downstairs art room. We will start planning for our school mural and also continue working on furniture. See you there!
5. Congratulations to our DECA winners:
Fifth place: Grace Bohl, Andrew Mehl, Max Halpin, Wiley Lyons
Fourth place: Andrew Glassmeyer, Isaac Trybus, Gabe Hartnett, Lewis Gatch, Elizabeth Bonnell, Jossey Frye, Bradley Barrett, Max Hobart
Third place: Miller Steele and Sydney Huber
Second Place: Bates Gall
First Place: Kate Copetas, Cameron Stephens, Alex Wilson, Matthew McGrory and Nate Michaelson
6. Scholarship applications for both the Global Leaders’ Summit to Paris and Davos as well as the service learning trip to the Dominican Republic are available in the front office. Both are due today. See Mr. Schnug, Mr. Vanags or Mrs. Bell for more information.
7. Any sophomore interested in attending Live or Scarlet Oaks next school year is encouraged to apply online now at www.greatoaks.com. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Tackett. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
8. Physical Education Waivers for winter sports are available in the CCPC. Please return as soon as possible, but no later than Monday.
9. The coffee shop will reopen for business after DECA Competition. Thank you for your patronage.
10. Kings Island will be holding Job Fairs until 4 pm on the following dates at the Kings Island’s Festhaus: January 27, February 17 and March 3. Learn more at kifun.jobs or see the flier outside the CCPC.