1. We’d like student input on the Diverse Voices Contest this year. Please join teachers and other students in the lower library during both lunches THIS THURSDAY, January 18th to discuss this year’s Diverse Voices Contest.
2. Scholarship applications for both the Global Leaders’ Summit to Paris and Davos as well as the service learning trip to the Dominican Republic are available in the front office. Both are due by January 26th. See Mr. Schnug, Mr. Vanags or Mrs. Bell for more information.
3. Parent meetings for the 2019 trips going to New York, Costa Rica, Paris, and the Dominican Republic will be held next Wednesday January 24th at 6 pm. Meetings will take place in the room of the teacher leading the trip. Please see Mr. Schnug for more information.
4. Attention cast of The Sound of Music. There will be a brief full cast meeting in the band room right after school. Please, see Mrs. McGahey if you cannot attend.
5. Attention Key Club members: There will be an important meeting after school on Thursday in C-20 to discuss our main project for the year. Please plan to attend.
6. In case you haven’t heard, our Water Warriors braved the snowstorm over the weekend to compete in the largest swim meet in the nation. The girls’ team was lead by Kate Overbey’s high point coming from her championship swim in the 200 Breast, runner-up finish in the 400 I.M. and 4th in the 100 Breast. Cora Dupre set the water on fire with her meet record and championship wins in both the 50 Free and 100 Free. Her 50 time is also a new school record! Kate and Cora were also members of the 200 and 400 Medley Relays that were runner-up as well as the 200 Free Relay that was 5th and the 400 Free Relay that was 9th. Erin Kelly made it back to finals and placed 14th in the 50 Back. Nick McCarthy, Jackson Comer, Gabe Hartnett, Ian Mikesell and Philip Forbes teamed up to place 11th in the 200 Free Relay, 14th in the 200 Medley Relay and 15th in the 400 Medley Relay. On the boards, Kyleigh Spang flipped her way into 16th and Nathan Cox ripped an 11th place finish. Way to go Water Warriors and thanks for keeping Mariemont as one of the premier swimming schools in the state of Ohio.
7. Planning on going to the Snowball dance? Tickets will be on sale during lunch this week. Tickets are $10.
8. If you plan to bring a guest from another school to Snowball, forms are available on the office counter.
9. Reminder! Corsage and Boutonniere sales for this Saturday's Snowball Dance takes place during lunch. Boutonnieres are $10 and Corsages are $20. To accommodate the seniors who go out for lunch, flowers sales on Friday have been moved from lunch to before school. On Friday only, flower sales will take place in the Commons from 7:15 a.m. - 7:45 a.m. Questions may be directed to Mrs. Lewis at email@example.com or 513-479-4436.
10. Any sophomore interested in attending Live or Scarlet Oaks next school year is encouraged to apply online now at www.greatoaks.com. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Tackett. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
11. Physical Education Waivers for winter sports are available in the CCPC. Please return as soon as possible, but no later than January 29.