1. “Lift Every Voice and Sing,” written by James Weldon Johnson and set to music by his brother, is a poem that is often recited and sung on Martin Luther King Day. The poem reminds us of the racial strife and the fight for equality and justice that we still seek today. We hope you will “lift your voice” in "2018 MHS Diverse Voices Visual and Writing Arts Contest.” Please see a teacher or the front desk for contest details.
2. We’d like student input on the Diverse Voices Contest this year. Please join teachers and other students in the lower library during both lunches THIS THURSDAY, January 18th to discuss this year’s Diverse Voices Contest.
3. Any Chess Club member planning to participate in this Saturday's matches at Deer Park needs to see Mrs. Briggs in Rm. 23 after school today to pick up paperwork and for some important instructions.
4. Congratulations to our 2017-18 regional High School Scholastic Art Awards Winners. Mariemont High School received 22 awards in the Gold, Silver and Honorable Mention categories!
Their work will be on display at the Art Academy of Cincinnati from January 29-February 9. An awards ceremony will take place Friday, February 9 at The School for Creative and Performing Arts.
5. Scholarship applications for both the Global Leaders’ Summit to Paris and Davos as well as the service learning trip to the Dominican Republic are available in the front office. Both are due by January 26th. See Mr. Schnug, Mr. Vanags or Mrs. Bell for more information.
6. Planning on going to the Snowball dance? Tickets will be on sale during lunch this week. Tickets are $10.
7. If you plan to bring a guest from another school to Snowball, forms are available on the office counter.
8. Reminder! Corsage and Boutonniere sales for this Saturday's Snowball Dance takes place during lunch. Boutonnieres are $10 and Corsages are $20. To accommodate the seniors who go out for lunch, flowers sales on Friday have been moved from lunch to before school. On Friday only, flower sales will take place in the Commons from 7:15 a.m. - 7:45 a.m. Questions may be directed to Mrs. Lewis at email@example.com or 513-479-4436.
9. Any sophomore interested in attending Live or Scarlet Oaks next school year is encouraged to apply online now at www.greatoaks.com. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Tackett. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
10. Physical Education Waivers for winter sports are available in the CCPC. Please return as soon as possible, but no later than January 29.