1. Today’s Chess Club meeting in cancelled.
2. Leadership Council will be meeting after school in Mr. Wiseman's room. Please let an officer know if you cannot attend.
3. Attention cast of The Sound of Music. There will be a full cast meeting after school Wednesday from 3-3:30 in the auditorium. Please see Mrs. Lowery or Mrs. McGahey if you cannot attend. Also, please check the musical calendar available to you through Blackboard as we begin planning the rehearsal schedule.
4. Any student interested in competing at Power of the Pen at the high school level please attend a brief 5-10 minute meeting in Ms. Reilly’s room after school on Wednesday.
5. Creative Writing Club will also meet Wednesday in Ms. Reilly’s room from 3-3:45.
6. Students interested in working as Writing Consultants for the MHS Writing Center during second semester should pick up an application from Ms. Reilly in room 12 or Mr. Weiss in room 10. Applications are due today by 3pm.
7. Calling all students: We’d like student input on the Diverse Voices Contest this year. Please plan to join teachers and other students to discuss this year’s Diverse Voices Contest in the lower library during both lunches on Wednesday, January 10th.
8. Are you interested in participating in softball this Spring? If so, please plan to attend the informational meeting after school today in Miss B’s room, Room #1. Additionally, if you are not in a winter sport, please plan to stay to begin conditioning immediately following. If you cannot make the meeting and plan to play or are not quite sure what your spring sports plan is yet, please stop by Miss B’s room prior to Tuesday afternoon to discuss.
9. Mrs. Long will be running a naturalist club starting second semester. Please come to a meeting during either lunch on Thursday this week to find out more information and look at meeting times that would work for those interested. Thanks!
10. Any sophomore interested in attending Live or Scarlet Oaks next school year is encouraged to apply online now at www.greatoaks.com. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Tackett. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
11. Physical Education Waivers for winter sports are available in the CCPC. Please return as soon as possible, but no later than January 29.