1. This Monday, Jan. 8, MHS graduate Natalie Popowics, will be presenting a College Chat during both lunches in the CCPC. She is currently attending Duke University. She will discuss life and academics at Duke as well as life at a highly-competitive college. Please bring your lunch and join us.
2. Attention cast of The Sound of Music. There will be a full cast meeting on Monday, Jan. 8th from 3-4 in the auditorium. Please see Mrs. Lowery or Mrs. McGahey if you cannot attend. Also, please check the musical calendar available to you through Blackboard as we begin planning the rehearsal schedule.
3. Any student interested in competing at Power of the Pen at the high school level please attend a brief 5-10 minute meeting in Ms. Reilly’s room after school on Monday.
4. Creative Writing Club will meet on Monday in Ms. Reilly’s room.
5. Students interested in working as Writing Consultants for the MHS Writing Center during second semester should pick up an application from Ms. Reilly in room 12 or Mr. Weiss in room 10. Applications are due on Tuesday, January 9th by 3pm.
6. Calling all students: We’d like student input on the Diverse Voices Contest this year. Please plan to join teachers and other students to discuss this year’s Diverse Voices Contest in the lower library during both lunches on Wednesday, January 10th.
7. Are you interested in participating in softball this Spring? If so, please plan to attend the informational meeting next Tuesday after school in Miss B’s room, Room #1. Additionally, if you are not in a winter sport, please plan to stay to begin conditioning immediately following. If you cannot make the meeting and plan to play or are not quite sure what your spring sports plan is yet, please stop by Miss B’s room prior to Tuesday afternoon to discuss.
8. Mrs. Long will be running a naturalist club starting second semester. Please come to a meeting during either lunch Tuesday the 9th to find out more information and look at meeting times that would work for those interested. Thanks!
9. Vote for Cora Dupre for this week’s Enquirer Swimmer of the Week. Go to Cincinnati.com/sports and vote as often as you like. CLICK HERE TO VOTE!
10. Volunteer Opportunity: A Destination Imagination movie night will take place at Mariemont Elementary this Saturday evening. Volunteers are needed at 5:15 to sell snacks, watch kids before the movie starts, work with waivers and work the entry table. Please see Anne Stewart, Olivia Simpson or Ellie Trubisky if you can help or have questions.
11. Any sophomore interested in attending Live or Scarlet Oaks next school year is encouraged to apply online now at www.greatoaks.com. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Tackett. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
12. Students are reminded that the next Driver’s Ed class will begin on January 8. Registration forms are available in the CCPC.
13. Physical Education Waivers for winter sports are available in the CCPC. Please return as soon as possible, but no later than January 29.