1. Courtesy of Campus Life- It’s that time of year again…Renner on the Shelf has returned! Renner on the Shelf is like Elf on the Shelf. Listen for the riddle each day, find Renner on the Shelf, snap a picture or email his specific location to Mrs. Zaya. The first person to get it right wins a Starbucks gift card. Here’s today’s riddle…
Where I am you’d like to know
You should jump high and you should look low
Renner on the Shelf is back and you’ll never know
The crazy places he might go.
So score some points amongst your friends
By being the first to put this riddle to bed.
2. Thursday at 12:25, Sgt. Williams of the US Marines will be in the College and Career Planning Center to speak with interested students.
3. Attention Warriors, the MHS Choirs are in the finals for the Q102 Christmas Choir Competition. The winner will win $5000 for their school! We need you to vote!! Go to wkrq.com and click on contests. From there, select the choir competition and vote for Mariemont! Voting ends today at 9:00 p.m. Thanks so much for your support! Click here to vote now!
4. Attention Art Club members...if you contributed furniture to the Holiday Fair or helped work Holiday Fair, there will be a pizza party after school today at 3pm in the downstairs Art Room. Come hungry!!!
5. Last night our Water Warriors notched their first victories of the season over CHL rivals Indian Hill and Taylor. The Girls’ Team used a balanced attack to outdistance themselves by over 30 points while the diving Cox brothers, Nathan and Jacob, pulled off the come from behind victory for the Boys’ Team to win by 5 points. Katarina DeCamp was the only double event winner while Nick McCarthy, Brooke Woellert, Gabe Hartnett and Erin Kelly each won 1 event. In his first high school meet, Freshman Andrew Foley powered his way to victory in the 100 Back. Way to go Water Warriors and good luck Saturday night as they take on Lakota East and West and Madeira.
6. The MHS Spirit Shop will be open during lunch on Thursdays between now and winter break. Stop by and pick up some items for holiday gifts or just boost your Warrior pride with some new items.
7. Physical Education Waivers for winter sports are available in the CCPC. Please return as soon as possible, but no later than January 29.
8. Any current sophomore who would like to attend Live or Scarlet Oaks next school year, can now apply online at www.greatoaks.com. Come to the CCPC for a booklet of the program offerings and see Mrs. Tackett with any questions.
9. Detention this week will be served with Mrs. Briggs in Room 23.