- Do you want to wear your PJ’s to school or dress like a hippie? Well, next week is your chance. Show your Warrior pride by participating in Spirit Week. Monday is Pajama Day, Tuesday is Team Tuesday so wear your favorite team shirt or jersey, Wednesday is Hippie Day, Thursday is Class T-shirt Day and Friday is Blue and Gold Day!
- The last round of voting for Homecoming King and Queen is on Tuesday, October 3rd. All classes should vote. Voting will begin at 745 and will close at 3:00. You can find the form on your Class Blackboard page. Don’t forget to vote for the 2017 Mariemont Homecoming King and Queen.
- Mariemont High School PTO will once again sell corsages and boutonnieres by Events & Florals of Mariemont for the upcoming Homecoming Dance that takes place October 7. Orders may be placed at lunch October 2, 3, 4, 5. Cost: $20 for corsages; $10 boutonnieres, cash or check payable to MHS PTO. Custom orders also available. MHS PTO receives a portion of each sale.
- Are you interested in building and programming robots for competition? Mariemont High school is starting its first ever Robotics Competition Club! No experience is required, so if you are interested in joining or competing, please come to a short 15-minute informational meeting on Wednesday, October 4th after school in Mrs. Whalen’s classroom. If you cannot attend, please email Mrs. Whalen on or before October 4th.
- Vote for Wally Renie for this week’s www.cincinnati.com athlete of the week! CLICK HERE TO VOTE.
- The Girls Tennis team finished off their regular season with a win over Kings High school Wednesday, 3 matches to 2. Yaitova Spiegel continued her impressive year with another victory in singles. Avery Lindner won her singles match and the Doubles team of Ashley Grimmer and Logan Wilhelm won the deciding match to give the Warriors the Victory. The girls are 15 and 3 on the season and currently are ranked 14th in the State Division 2 poll.
- Congratulations to the varsity boys golf team on finishing 4th in the sectional golf tournament yesterday and qualifying for the district tournament at Beavercreek Golf Club next week. Congratulations also go forward to senior Henry Lewis, who shot a 72 to gain the medalist honors of the CHL Championships.
- Any boys and girls interested in bowling for the Warriors this year should make sure to sign up on Final Forms as soon as possible
- Sign up for Barefoot Warriors, a Sand Soccer Tournament in association with the Warrior Run. The event will happen on Sunday, October 1 from 6-9PM. All participants and volunteers will count for points in the high school challenge! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
- Any student planning to bring a guest from another school to Homecoming, please make sure to pick up a yellow permission form from the front desk in the office. Guest forms are due back to Mr. Block today.
- Seniors! Float building is almost here! Don't miss out on our final - and best - homecoming float! Food and drink provided!
Saturday, Sept. 30th: 10am - 6pm
Sunday, Oct. 1st: 11am - 6pm
Monday - Thursday: 3pm - 8pm
Friday, Oct. 6th: 3pm - 4pm
Fairfax Pole Barn (at the end of Southern Ave.)
12. Join the HS Challenge for the Warrior Run on Saturday! The winning HS receives a Skyline lunch.The link to register is on blackboard. Consider signing up to run/ walk 1 mile or 5k, volunteer and get service hours, or just donate to a great cause- teen mental health and wellness! See Jonah Dill or Kayla Dewey for more information.