- The faculty and staff of Mariemont High School are pleased to announce that five seniors at MHS have been named National Merit Commended students by the College Board. Alex Copetas, Alexandra Kauffman, Harrison Keith, Daniel Keyes, and Emery Shelley all scored in the top five percent of the nearly 1.6 million students who took the PSAT last fall. These students, their families, and their teachers are to be congratulated for this exemplary achievement. All of us in the Mariemont School Community are very proud of their outstanding accomplishment and wish them the best of luck as they complete their senior year at MHS.
- The following colleges will visit the CCPC this week:
- Kent State at 7:50
- Sinclair Community College at 1:10
- Lehigh University at 1:10
- University of Cincinnati at 2:05
- Miami University Regionals at 8:45
- University of Louisville at 1:00
- The Ohio State University at 8:45
- Anyone interested in joining Chess Club this year should attend a short organizational meeting after school today at 3pm in Rm. 23. Please see Mrs. Briggs if you're interested in joining but cannot attend Tuesday's meeting.
- Sophomore class officers, please meet in Mr. Becksfort’s room (room 7) on Wednesday after school.
- Attention All Art Club Members, Art Club has been cancelled for this week. Sorry for any inconvenience.
- Are you interested in helping to create a positive school climate? Campus Life organizes events like the Halloween Pep Assembly, Renner on the Shelf, and Teacher Appreciation. Join Campus Life during our next lunch meeting today, Tuesday the 19th. During first lunch, Campus Life will meet in room C20 and second lunch will meet in Mrs. Thomas' room (the health room). Hope to see you there.
- Leadership council will be meeting after school in C20 today. Please let an officer know if you can't make it.
- The MHS World Affairs Club will meet after school Thursday in Mr. Wolfford’s room. The World Affairs Club competes in Model United Nations, International Events in Cincinnati, hosts guest speakers, and other World Affairs activities. If interested, come to the World Affairs meeting tomorrow. Especially if you want to attend the Wyoming High School Model UN.
- The Girls tennis team improved their record to 11 and 2 on the season with a win over West Clermont. Yaitova Spiegel, Melanie Weiss, and Amelia Popowics scored wins in singles and the doubles team of Ashley Grimmer, Logan Wilhelm, and Lily Toman, And Kristen Keys were also victorious. Next up for the tennis team is a League match at Taylor this afternoon.
- Please help Cameron Hollander meet his goal in Kicking Hunger. This was first started by Hans Hinebaugh in 2012 after a mission trip to Mexico. The main goal of this fundraiser is to address poverty in the Cincinnati area. To date, the fundraiser has raised over $27,000 and fed over 14,000 people. This Friday night, Cameron will be competing against Madeira kicker, Ryan Lienhart, in raising the most money. A booth will be set up to accept cash or checks. For your convenience, a card reader will also be there. Thanks in advance for helping Cameron Kick Hunger!
- Join us this Wednesday evening for the Warrior Pep Rally for the Mariemont-Madeira football game at the Fairfax Skyline from 6-8pm. The evening will feature questions and answers with coaches and players, updates on Warrior Athletics, performances by the Warrior Marching Band and by the Cheerleaders, and great prize giveaways! 20% of all food sales at the store are donated back to Mariemont High School! So let’s get ready to beat Madeira and we’ll see you at the Warrior Pep Rally Wednesday at Skyline!
- Sign up for Barefoot Warriors, a Sand Soccer Tournament in association with the Warrior Run. The event will happen on Sunday, October 1 from 6-9PM. All participants and volunteers will count for points in the high school challenge! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
- Detention this week will be served with Mrs. Bell in Room 4.
- Senior homecoming shirt order forms are posted on Blackboard. Shirts will ONLY be guaranteed to those who pay the $15 fee to a class officer (Danielle Bryan, Abby Dodson, Hannah Coates, Jackson Northrop, or Andrew Brandser) by Monday, September 25th. Don't miss out!
- Don't forget to bring supplies for the victims of Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma. Student Council will be collecting each morning. The 1st bell who brings in the most supplies will get a Bruegger’s breakfast. Supplies needed include: shirts, shorts, pants, socks and shoes.
- Join the HS Challenge for the Warrior Run on Sept 30! The winning HS receives a Skyline lunch. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER. Consider signing up to run/ walk 1 mile or 5k, volunteer and get service hours, or just donate to a great cause- teen mental health and wellness! See Jonah Dill or Kayla Dewey for more information.