1. The Boy’s Lacrosse Team would like to take their hats off in tribute to the Girl’s Lacrosse Team for their terrific effort in the Girl’s Regional Final. The girl’s result was a definite motivator for the Boy’s Team on Saturday – and the Boy’s would like to congratulate the Girl’s on their successful season. The Boy’s looked every bit of serious as they put their foot on the gas and never let up on the Indian Hill Braves – final score was Warriors 17 and Indian Hill 5. Senior Wilson Bucher led the charge with 4 goals and 5 assists and Senior Ben Phelan won two thirds of the face offs and picked up 8 groundballs. Next up is Bishop Watterson on Wednesday at 5:15 in downtown Dayton at Chaminade Julienne High school. School will be out for the summer, so let’s all make the short trip up to the DII State Semi-Finals. Let’s show the Eagles how well Warrior Nation travels to support the Boy’s Lacrosse Team earn their spot in the finals!
2. Please stop by the front office lobby to sign up to ride the Spirit Bus to the game by 10:00am tomorrow. We will make a determination on whether or not we have enough students to justify the bus at that time. Show your spirit by wearing blue! State-bound tanks will be available for $5 and t-shirts for $6 at the tailgate.
3. Parking permits are available in the front office. The senior lot is now full, but plenty of spots are still available in the junior lot. Permits and the $50 fee must be turned in before a spot will be assigned.
4. Check out books from MHS Library for the whole summer! Stop in today and stock up for your beach reads and be entered to win a Starbucks gift card.
5. Freshman Group Leaders should plan to meet today right after the second exam in C20. You will be getting your group member names today so it’s important that you attend today’s meeting.
6. The deadline to sign up for the China trip in the summer 2018 as well as the Yellowstone trip in 2018 is tomorrow, May 31st. Don’t miss out. These trips will not be offered if not enough people enroll.
7. Rock Concert today, May 30th in Mariemont Elementary parking lot. Featuring your own MHS Rock Band. School’s out for the summer. Come enjoy music, food from the U Lucky Dawg food truck, and a great end of year time. Concert is from 5-6pm. $5 donation will benefit the Warrior’s BEyond scholarship travel fund.
8. ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON TAKING AP STUDIO ART next year:
Please come see Mrs. Richardson at some point today to pick up your summer assignment packet.
9. Any Sophomore who signed up for AP Language next year and did not see Mr. Becksfort yet needs to see him as soon as possible about summer work.
10. Any student taking AP Biology next year who still has not picked up their summer work materials needs to do so before leaving today.
11. Did you know petting a dog can reduce your anxiety and stress? Puppies will be here today in the library during both brunches to help reduce your stress!
12. Anyone in need of service hours, something for your resume, or just something to do this summer, please consider signing up to tutor for Warriors for Warriors. Warriors for Warriors is a volunteer summer tutoring program where high school students are paired with and tutor Mariemont district elementary students. If you are interested, please sign up on the form on the Warriors for Warriors 2017 Facebook page or contact Emery Shelley.