1. Please stop by the front office lobby to check out the extensive lost and found collection.
2. Reminder to those participating in the Mayerson Service Program: We will have a mandatory meeting for you and your parents next Wednesday May 24th at 6:00 p.m.
3. Congrats to varsity track and field athletes on qualifying for the regional meet this week in Piqua! Jaxie Brokamp in the long jump, along with Alec Vianello and Carson Fields in the 100 m dash. Carson and Jonah Dill in the 300 hurdles, as well as Carson in the 100 hurdles. Marin Valentine runner up in the 400 m run and anchored the district championship 4 x 4 team with Carson, Riley Dunne, and Corinne Fanta. Drew Goheen qualifies in the 1600 m run along with 3rd time district champ Corinne Fanta!! Qualifiers from Piqua move onto the state meet June 2 in Columbus.
4. The Wyoming Cowboy’s rode into Kusel Stadium on a stormy Friday night to play the Boy’s lacrosse team but proved no match for our Warriors. Final score was 15-1 and they now advance to the regional semifinals to play the Stingers from 7-Hills. Only the top 4 seeded teams from the region are still in the running. Come out to the game Tuesday night for the 7pm face-off. To take the sting out of the Stingers. $7 admission and a reminder that Booster passes are not accepted for tournament games.
5. Philanthropy Club members need to meet this Wednesday at 7:15 am to finalize paperwork and select club leaders for next year. Please come and participate for our last meeting. Thanks for making a difference in our Cincinnati community.
6. Any student interested in running Cross Country next Fall is asked to attend a brief meeting Monday, May 22 at 3:15 outside on the track.
7. Any Sophomore who signed up for AP Language next year and did not see Mr. Becksfort yet needs to see him as soon as possible about summer work.
8. Attention students who took Photography classes and Computer Graphics classes from Mrs. Richardson 1st semester, please stop by the photo room to pick up all your wonderful artwork from the year.
9. Did you know petting a dog can reduce your anxiety and stress?
Tuesday, May 30th, Mariemont High School will have puppies here to help reduce your stress! More to come on this later! But, on Monday, May 22, all students are welcome to come during both lunches to hear a presentation on pet therapy. Ms. Karen Spradlin will be in the auditorium during lunches to discuss ways to reduce stress using pet therapy. And, she’ll have a puppy with her. So, please plan to attend! All students are welcome.
10. Anyone in need of service hours, something for your resume, or just something to do this summer, please consider signing up to tutor for Warriors for Warriors. Warriors for Warriors is a volunteer summer tutoring program where high school students are paired with and tutor Mariemont district elementary students. If you are interested, please sign up on the form on the Warriors for Warriors 2017 Facebook page or contact Emery Shelley.
11. All graduating seniors are invited to attend the MHS Class of 2017 Riverboat Graduation Cruise, post-graduation party on Sunday, May 28th. The BB Riverboats cruise is for Mariemont High School Graduating Seniors only, and will include music, dancing, soft drinks and prize drawings. The cost of the event is $15 per person. If you plan to attend, please return the waiver with a check made to MHS-PTO Graduation Party to the office by May 24th. Forms are available in the office. Any questions can be emailed to email@example.com