1. What treasures might you be missing? We have sweatshirts, raincoats, footwear and more. Please stop by the front office lobby to check out the extensive lost and found collection.
2. The JV girls’ lacrosse finished their season strong with a win over Lakota East 5-3. The varsity beat Lakota East to win senior night 12-4. Tournament play starts next Thursday.
3. Be sure to vote for Anthony Dimichele for Cincinnati.com Player of the Week for boys’ lacrosse. Congratulations to Anthony for the nomination! Click here to vote.
4. Any boys interested in playing soccer next year should attend a meeting in Mr. Vanags room on Tuesday, May 16th after school. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Vanags.
5. There will be a mandatory meeting for all those wishing to play varsity and JV football next year on Tuesday, May 16th immediately after school in Coach Commins ' room. Anyone who cannot attend should see Coach Commins prior to the meeting.
6. Attention 2017 AP Seminar Students: a brief summer assignment informational meeting will be held at 3pm on Tuesday, May 16th in room 10, Mr. Weiss's room. If you are unable to attend, please see Mr. Weiss sometime in the next week.
7. Any Senior interested in participating in this year's Baccalaureate program please sign up with Mrs. Bell by May 19th.
8. Attention cast of Brigadoon. We will rehearse “My Mother’s Wedding Day” from 3:45-5 on Friday, May 12th and 19th. We will have a run-through for the Cappies officials on Mon., May 22nd from 3-4. Also, please make sure that you turn your $20 costume fee in to Mrs. Lowery by Wednesday of this week.
9. Anyone who ordered tickets for the Cappies Gala from Mrs. Lowery can pick them up anytime.
10. Anyone interested in auditioning for next year’s Cappies Team should come to a brief meeting next Wednesday, May 17 after school in Mrs. Lowery’s room. Please see Mrs. Lowery or Alex Wilson with questions.
11. Attention Girls’ Swimmers: Please make sure your lockers are cleaned out.
12. Just a reminder that all students and staff are invited to our new Night of the Arts, "Stroll Through the Arts" which takes place this Monday evening from 6-8:30. Visual Arts students will receive EXTRA CREDIT if they attend-even if you can only stay for a short while. Please enter the building through the doors closet to the auditorium when you arrive. We look forward to seeing you there!
13. Attention students . . . the MHS choruses will be performing songs from the musical Hamilton this Monday, May 15th at 6:00pm at the high school. The event is free. Please come and support your friends and check out the other amazing performances and artwork that will be happening all around the building at the first ever "Stroll Through the Arts.”
14. Students interested in being an officer for AFS Club or Spanish Club should see señora Timmerding.
15. The Diverse Voices event has been moved to Friday May 19, during school after 6th bell in the gymnasium. Winners will read/explain their art, as well as any of those who entered who would like to share their work. If you wish to exhibit your piece, please let Hayden Chambers, Lila Willis, or Madigan Smith know and your piece will be added to the slideshow. See you there!
16. Anyone in need of service hours, something for your resume, or just something to do this summer, please consider signing up to tutor for Warriors for Warriors. Warriors for Warriors is a volunteer summer tutoring program where high school students are paired with and tutor Mariemont district elementary students. If you are interested, please sign up on the form on the Warriors for Warriors 2017 Facebook page or contact Emery Shelley.
17. Support Mariemont Destination Teams as they raise money for Global competition.
Love your dog? Get a photo. For a sitting fee of $20, Picture Perfect studios will be offering a digital photo of your favorite canine. You can take the .jpeg and print a photo, make a mug, whatever you choose. It's yours! All proceeds go to Mariemont DI. The date for this fundraiser is May 13 and space is limited. To register, SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/JneWRbE
It's a week of culinary delights!
May 12: eat at Chipotle, 6213 Wooster Pike, Fairfax on May 12 and mention Mariemont DI, and a percentage of food sales between 5 and 9 p.m. will be donated to the Globals fund. Please present the flyer, show it on your phone or mention Mariemont DI.
May 12-14: Join in a Yogurt Weekend at Orange Leaf Mariemont, 7207 Wooster Pike, Cincinnati, OH, 45227. For every cup of FroYo sold, Orange Leaf Mariemont will donate 20% to Mariemont DI. Please present the flyer, show it on your phone or mention Mariemont DI. Click here for more information.
May 14: Take Mom to Mac's for Mother's Day! Mention Mariemont DI between noon and 9 p.m. on May 14 at Mac's Pizza Pub, 6309 Wooster Pike, and Mac's will donate 25% of food sales to Mariemont DI.
May 18: Eat at Mango Tree Thai and Sushi, 7229 Wooster Pike, Cincinnati, OH 45227, and mention Mariemont DI and the owner will make a donation to the Globals Fund.
18. All graduating seniors are invited to attend the MHS Class of 2017 Riverboat Graduation Cruise, post-graduation party on Sunday, May 28th. The BB Riverboats cruise is for Mariemont High School Graduating Seniors only, and will include music, dancing, soft drinks and prize drawings. The cost of the event is $15 per person. If you plan to attend, please return the waiver with a check made to MHS-PTO Graduation Party to the office by May 24th. Forms are available in the office. Any questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.