1. Please stop by the front office lobby to check out the lost and found collection…you may be missing something important!
2. Any Senior interested in participating in this year's Baccalaureate program please sign up with Mrs. Bell by May 19th.
3. The JV girls’ lacrosse lost to Mason last night 6-8. The Varsity girls’ lacrosse team beat Mason 18-15. Come cheer the girls on Thursday for senior night.
4. Attention cast of Brigadoon. We will rehearse “My Mother’s Wedding Day” from 3:45-5 on Friday, May 12th and 19th. We will have a run-through for the Cappies officials on Mon., May 22nd from 3-4. Also, please make sure that you turn your $20 costume fee in to Mrs. Lowery by Wednesday of this week.
5. Anyone who ordered tickets for the Cappies Gala from Mrs. Lowery can pick them up anytime.
6. Anyone interested in auditioning for next year’s Cappies Team should come to a brief meeting next Wednesday, May 17 after school in Mrs. Lowery’s room. Please see Mrs. Lowery or Alex Wilson with questions.
7. Attention Girls’ Swimmers: Please make sure your lockers are cleaned out.
8. Art Club is having our End of Year Party TODAY after school from 3-4pm. Come enjoy pizza while we finish up the DECA coffee bar mural. If you are able to attend, please let Isabelle Saulnier know via the Art Club Group Chat by 2pm Today.
9. This Monday, May 15th, is our annual Night of the Arts at MHS. This year, we are trying something new. So we invite you to our first ever "Stroll Through the Arts". Beginning at 6:00pm we will have performances happening all around the back half of the building, including the auditorium, commons, gym and all of the hallways in between. Our plan is to keep you moving throughout the evening as you sample a wide variety of performances and view the incredible artwork created by our talented visual arts students. The evening will wrap up by around 8:15pm. Please spread the word and invite your family and friends. We are hoping to have a big crowd for this very special evening.
10. Are you interested in traveling to Yellowstone National Park? Mr. Zaya from Terrace Park Elementary is leading a science expedition to Yellowstone in June 2018 for next year’s freshman, sophomores, and juniors. The parent information night is this Thursday May 11th in the upper library at 6 pm. Please RSVP for the meeting to Mr. Zaya or Mr. Schnug.
11. The Junior class Spring Fling t-shirt sign up link is posted on Blackboard. Please fill this out as soon as possible and bring $15 to Hannah Coates, Abby Dodson, Danielle Bryan, Andrew Brandser, Jackson Northrop, or Will Weston by Friday, May 12. Thanks!
12. Student council meeting today after school for all current members. We are finalizing spring fling. Do not miss it!
13. AFS CLUB! Students, please join us this afternoon at 5:30PM for a fun get together at PizzelII's Restaurant to celebrate our AFS students- Sign up by Señora Timmerding's room.
14. Students interested in being an officer for AFS Club or Spanish Club should see señora Timmerding.
15. The Baristas thank you for your patronage at DeCafe and ask that you return in the fall for all your coffee wants.
16. The Diverse Voices event has been moved to Friday May 19, during school after 6th bell in the gymnasium. Winners will read/explain their art, as well as any of those who entered who would like to share their work. If you wish to exhibit your piece, please let Hayden Chambers, Lila Willis, or Madigan Smith know and your piece will be added to the slideshow. See you there!
17. Anyone in need of service hours, something for your resume, or just something to do this summer, please consider signing up to tutor for Warriors for Warriors. Warriors for Warriors is a volunteer summer tutoring program where high school students are paired with and tutor Mariemont district elementary students. If you are interested, please sign up on the form on the Warriors for Warriors 2017 Facebook page or contact Emery Shelley.
18. Support Mariemont Destination Teams as they raise money for Global competition.
Love your dog? Get a photo. For a sitting fee of $20, Picture Perfect studios will be offering a digital photo of your favorite canine. You can take the .jpeg and print a photo, make a mug, whatever you choose. It's yours! All proceeds go to Mariemont DI. The date for this fundraiser is May 13 and space is limited. To register, SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/JneWRbE
It's a week of culinary delights!
- May 12: eat at Chipotle, 6213 Wooster Pike, Fairfax on May 12 and mention Mariemont DI, and a percentage of food sales between 5 and 9 p.m. will be donated to the Globals fund. Please present the flyer, show it on your phone or mention Mariemont DI.
- May 12-14: Join in a Yogurt Weekend at Orange Leaf Mariemont, 7207 Wooster Pike, Cincinnati, OH, 45227. For every cup of FroYo sold, Orange Leaf Mariemont will donate 20% to Mariemont DI. Please present the flyer, show it on your phone or mention Mariemont DI. Click here for more information.
- May 14: Take Mom to Mac's for Mother's Day! Mention Mariemont DI between noon and 9 p.m. on May 14 at Mac's Pizza Pub, 6309 Wooster Pike, and Mac's will donate 25% of food sales to Mariemont DI.
- May 18: Eat at Mango Tree Thai and Sushi, 7229 Wooster Pike, Cincinnati, OH 45227, and mention Mariemont DI and the owner will make a donation to the Globals Fund.
19. All graduating seniors are invited to attend the MHS Class of 2017 Riverboat Graduation Cruise, post-graduation party on Sunday, May 28th. The BB Riverboats cruise is for Mariemont High School Graduating Seniors only, and will include music, dancing, soft drinks and prize drawings. The cost of the event is $15 per person. If you plan to attend, please return the waiver with a check made to MHS-PTO Graduation Party to the office by May 24th. Forms are available in the office. Any questions can be emailed to email@example.com.