1. Any Senior interested in participating in this year's Baccalaureate program please sign up with Mrs. Bell by May 19th.
2. Attention cast of Brigadoon. We will rehearse “My Mother’s Wedding Day” from 3:45-5 on Friday, May 12th and 19th. We will have a run-through for the Cappies officials on Mon., May 22nd from 3-4. Also, please make sure that you turn your $20 costume fee in to Mrs. Lowery by Wednesday of this week.
3. Anyone who ordered tickets for the Cappies Gala from Mrs. Lowery can pick them up anytime.
4. Art Club is having an End of Year Party to celebrate our last meeting of the year this Wednesday from 3-4pm. Come enjoy pizza while we finish up the DECA coffee bar mural. If you are able to attend, please let Isabelle Saulnier know via the Art Club Group Chat to RSVP.
5. Are you interested in traveling to Yellowstone National Park? Mr. Zaya from Terrace Park Elementary is leading a science expedition to Yellowstone in June 2018 for next year’s freshman, sophomores, and juniors. The parent information night is this Thursday May 11th in the upper library at 6 pm. Please RSVP for the meeting to Mr. Zaya or Mr. Schnug.
6. Freshman Spring Fling T-shirts are on sale today until 1pm! Cost is $12 and can be purchased from a Class officer. Shirts must be paid for in advance!
7. The Junior class Spring Fling T-shirt sign up link is posted on Blackboard. Please fill this out as soon as possible and bring $15 to Hannah Coates, Abby Dodson, Danielle Bryan, Andrew Brandser, Jackson Northrop, or Will Weston by Friday, May 12. Thanks!
8. Leadership Council will be meeting today after school in C20 to vote on 2017-18 officers. All members should attend.
9. Student council meeting Wednesday after school for all current members. We are finalizing spring fling. Do not miss it!
10. AFS CLUB! Students, please join us this afternoon at 5:30PM for a fun get together at Pizzelii’s Restaurant to celebrate our AFS students- Sign up by Señora Timmerding's room.
11. Students interested in being an officer for AFS Club or Spanish Club should see señora Timmerding.
12. The Baristas thank you for your patronage at DeCafe and ask that you return in the fall for all your coffee wants.
13. As rainy as it was Friday night, the Boys Lacrosse Teams needed the paddle from the “Battle of the Paddle” games against Turpin to get back home. JV won by a score of 15-1 and Varsity won 11-2. Next up the Warriors aim to ground the Sycamore Aviators on Wednesday night at home. It’s Senior Night, and we have a boatload of seniors! Come out and cheer for the boys for their last regular season home games.
14. The Diverse Voices event has been moved to Friday May 19, during school after 6th bell in the gymnasium. Winners will read/explain their art, as well as any of those who entered who would like to share their work. If you wish to exhibit your piece, please let Hayden Chambers, Lila Willis, or Madigan Smith know and your piece will be added to the slideshow. See you there!
15. Anyone in need of service hours, something for your resume, or just something to do this summer, please consider signing up to tutor for Warriors for Warriors. Warriors for Warriors is a volunteer summer tutoring program where high school students are paired with and tutor Mariemont district elementary students. If you are interested, please sign up on the form on the Warriors for Warriors 2017 Facebook page or contact Emery Shelley.
16. Support Mariemont Destination Teams as they raise money for Global competition.
Love your dog? Get a photo. For a sitting fee of $20, Picture Perfect studios will be offering a digital photo of your favorite canine. You can take the .jpeg and print a photo, make a mug, whatever you choose. It's yours! All proceeds go to Mariemont DI. The date for this fundraiser is May 13 and space is limited. To register, SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/JneWRbE
It's a week of culinary delights!
- May 12: eat at Chipotle, 6213 Wooster Pike, Fairfax on May 12 and mention Mariemont DI, and a percentage of food sales between 5 and 9 p.m. will be donated to the Globals fund. Please present the flyer, show it on your phone or mention Mariemont DI.
- May 12-14: Join in a Yogurt Weekend at Orange Leaf Mariemont, 7207 Wooster Pike, Cincinnati, OH, 45227. For every cup of FroYo sold, Orange Leaf Mariemont will donate 20% to Mariemont DI. Please present the flyer, show it on your phone or mention Mariemont DI. Click here for more information.
- May 14: Take Mom to Mac's for Mother's Day! Mention Mariemont DI between noon and 9 p.m. on May 14 at Mac's Pizza Pub, 6309 Wooster Pike, and Mac's will donate 25% of food sales to Mariemont DI.
- May 18: Eat at Mango Tree Thai and Sushi, 7229 Wooster Pike, Cincinnati, OH 45227, and mention Mariemont DI and the owner will make a donation to the Globals Fund.
17. All graduating seniors are invited to attend the MHS Class of 2017 Riverboat Graduation Cruise, post-graduation party on Sunday, May 28th. The BB Riverboats cruise is for Mariemont High School Graduating Seniors only, and will include music, dancing, soft drinks and prize drawings. The cost of the event is $15 per person. If you plan to attend, please return the waiver with a check made to MHS-PTO Graduation Party to the office by May 24th. Forms are available in the office. Any questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.