1. Attention AP students: A reminder that AP exam fees must be paid prior to taking any AP Exams.
2. Any Senior interested in participating in this year's Baccalaureate program please sign up with Mrs. Bell by May 19th.
3. Boys Lacrosse teams both had a victory Wednesday night. JV beat Taylor 18-0 and Varsity took care of the 7hills Stingers, 8-1. Grab your canoe and come over to Turpin for a Friday night away game. No need to bring a paddle – we’ll be battling for that and bringing it back to Mariemont!
4. The girls’ JV lacrosse team lost to Ursuline Academy last night 5-8. The varsity won 21-8. They play Kings Saturday morning.
5. Anyone planning on performing at this year's Cappies Gala MUST let Mrs. Lowery know by Thursday. If you are planning on sitting in the Nominee/Comendee section, please give Mrs. Lowery or Grace Haffner your ticket money no later than 1st Bell Friday or you will not be able to sit in that section. There will be no exceptions. Please check your email for details.
6. ATTENTION SENIORS!! Our last ever Spring Fling shirts are on sale all of this week. T-shirt is $5 and tank is $8. Please fill out the google form posted on the Class of 2017 Facebook page https://goo.gl/forms/0M78cdZjYboPUGt82. The money is due THIS FRIDAY May 5th to any of the class officers. Please see the Facebook page or ask a class officer for more details and the google form.
7. Today’s winners of the PTO teacher appreciation raffle are: Ms. Karen Noe, Ms. Amy Leatherwood, and Ms. Lee Lowery.
8. The Diverse Voices event has been moved from this Friday, May 5th, to Friday May 19, during school after 6th bell in the gymnasium. Winners will read/explain their art, as well as any of those who entered who would like to share their work. If you wish to exhibit your piece, please let Hayden Chambers, Lila Willis, or Madigan Smith know and your piece will be added to the slideshow. See you there!
9. Are you interested in receiving service hours for practicing your photography skills? The junior high drama club is in need of a photographer for next Friday or Saturday to help capture images from the play. If interested in this service opportunity, please contact Mrs. Etnier (via email or by stopping into room 36) by Thursday, May 4th.
10. Anyone in need of service hours, something for your resume, or just something to do this summer, please consider signing up to tutor for Warriors for Warriors. Warriors for Warriors is a volunteer summer tutoring program where high school students are paired with and tutor Mariemont district elementary students. If you are interested, please sign up on the form on the Warriors for Warriors 2017 Facebook page or contact Emery Shelley.
11. Support Mariemont Destination Teams as they raise money for Global competition.
Love your dog? Get a photo. For a sitting fee of $20, Picture Perfect studios will be offering a digital photo of your favorite canine. You can take the .jpeg and print a photo, make a mug, whatever you choose. It's yours! All proceeds go to Mariemont DI. The date for this fundraiser is May 13 and space is limited. To register, SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/JneWRbE
It's a week of culinary delights!
May 6: Be a little naughty for DI! Mariemont Destination Imagination is hosting an "Ice Cream for Breakfast" fundraiser from 10 a.m. to noon May 6 at the Mariemont Parish Center. Treat your sweet tooth with an ice cream buffet at this typically forbidden hour and support the Mariemont DI Global Finals fund. Tickets are $4 in advance, $5 at the door. Click here for more information.
May 8: Eat at El Trio Mexican Grill, 7227 Wooster Pike, and a portion of the proceeds will benefit Mariemont DI. You must present a flyer, which can be obtained by emailing Jeri Srikalasin at email@example.com. Click here for more information.
May 12: eat at Chipotle, 6213 Wooster Pike, Fairfax on May 12 and mention Mariemont DI, and a percentage of food sales between 5 and 9 p.m. will be donated to the Globals fund. Please present the flyer, show it on your phone or mention Mariemont DI.
May 12-14: Join in a Yogurt Weekend at Orange Leaf Mariemont, 7207 Wooster Pike, Cincinnati, OH, 45227. For every cup of FroYo sold, Orange Leaf Mariemont will donate 20% to Mariemont DI. Please present the flyer, show it on your phone or mention Mariemont DI. Click here for more information.
May 14: Take Mom to Mac's for Mother's Day! Mention Mariemont DI between noon and 9 p.m. on May 14 at Mac's Pizza Pub, 6309 Wooster Pike, and Mac's will donate 25% of food sales to Mariemont DI.
May 18: Eat at Mango Tree Thai and Sushi, 7229 Wooster Pike, Cincinnati, OH 45227, and mention Mariemont DI and the owner will make a donation to the Globals Fund.
12. All graduating seniors are invited to attend the MHS Class of 2017 Riverboat Graduation Cruise, post-graduation party on Sunday, May 28th. The BB Riverboats cruise is for Mariemont High School Graduating Seniors only, and will include music, dancing, soft drinks and prize drawings. The cost of the event is $15 per person. If you plan to attend, please return the waiver with a check made to MHS-PTO Graduation Party to the office by May 24th. Forms are available in the office. Any questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.