1. Attention AP students: A reminder that AP exam fees must be paid prior to taking any AP Exams.
2. Any Senior interested in participating in this year's Baccalaureate program please sign up with Mrs. Bell by May 19th.
3. The boys’ varsity lacrosse team was victorious over Moeller 7-5. Next opponent is Seven Hills on Wednesday.
4. Creative Writing Club will be meeting after school Wednesday from 3:00pm-3:45pm.
5. A reminder that Mariemont Awareness and Action Club will be meeting after school today in Mr. Weiss's room.
6. Today’s winners in the PTO teacher appreciation raffle are:
Mr. Dave Elam, Ms. Angela Pontious, and Mr. Tom Nerl- congratulations to these three educators and thank you to our wonderful MHS PTO.
7. Attention cast and crew for Brigadoon and Cappies Team - please make sure that you check your email frequently over the next couple of weeks so you are alerted to news about the Cappies Gala. Please let Mrs. Lowery know ASAP if you are not planning to attend. If you are planning to attend, please get your ticket money in this week. Check your email for details about this.
8. Are you interested in receiving service hours for practicing your photography skills? The junior high drama club is in need of a photographer for next Friday or Saturday to help capture images from the play. If interested in this service opportunity, please contact Mrs. Etnier (via email or by stopping into room 36) by Thursday, May 4th.
9. MHS cheer tryouts for football and basketball cheerleading are this Friday, May 5 after school. All the material will be learned at Clinics today & Thursday from 6:30-8. Please print and fill out the tryout packet, which can be found under the cheer page on the Mariemont website. All are welcome.
10. Anyone in need of service hours, something for your resume, or just something to do this summer, please consider signing up to tutor for Warriors for Warriors. Warriors for Warriors is a volunteer summer tutoring program where high school students are paired with and tutor Mariemont district elementary students. If you are interested, please sign up on the form on the Warriors for Warriors 2017 Facebook page or contact Emery Shelley.
11. Support Mariemont Destination Teams as they raise money for Global competition.
Love your dog? Get a photo. For a sitting fee of $20, Picture Perfect studios will be offering a digital photo of your favorite canine. You can take the .jpeg and print a photo, make a mug, whatever you choose. It's yours! All proceeds go to Mariemont DI. The date for this fundraiser is May 13 and space is limited. To register, SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/JneWRbE
It's a week of culinary delights!
May 6: Be a little naughty for DI! Mariemont Destination Imagination is hosting an "Ice Cream for Breakfast" fundraiser from 10 a.m. to noon May 6 at the Mariemont Parish Center. Treat your sweet tooth with an ice cream buffet at this typically forbidden hour and support the Mariemont DI Global Finals fund. Tickets are $4 in advance, $5 at the door. Click here for more information.
May 8: Eat at El Trio Mexican Grill, 7227 Wooster Pike, and a portion of the proceeds will benefit Mariemont DI. You must present a flyer, which can be obtained by emailing Jera Srikalasin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for more information.
May 12: eat at Chipotle, 6213 Wooster Pike, Fairfax on May 12 and mention Mariemont DI, and a percentage of food sales between 5 and 9 p.m. will be donated to the Globals fund. Please present the flyer, show it on your phone or mention Mariemont DI.
May 12-14: Join in a Yogurt Weekend at Orange Leaf Mariemont, 7207 Wooster Pike, Cincinnati, OH, 45227. For every cup of FroYo sold, Orange Leaf Mariemont will donate 20% to Mariemont DI. Please present the flyer, show it on your phone or mention Mariemont DI.
May 14: Take Mom to Mac's for Mother's Day! Mention Mariemont DI between noon and 9 p.m. on May 14 at Mac's Pizza Pub, 6309 Wooster Pike, and Mac's will donate 25% of food sales to Mariemont DI.
May 18: Eat at Mango Tree Thai and Sushi, 7229 Wooster Pike, Cincinnati, OH 45227, and mention Mariemont DI and the owner will make a donation to the Globals Fund.
12. All graduating seniors are invited to attend the MHS Class of 2017 Riverboat Graduation Cruise, post-graduation party on Sunday, May 28th. The BB Riverboats cruise is for Mariemont High School Graduating Seniors only, and will include music, dancing, soft drinks and prize drawings. The cost of the event is $15 per person. If you plan to attend, please return the waiver with a check made to MHS-PTO Graduation Party to the office by May 24th. Forms are available in the office. Any questions can be emailed to email@example.com.