1. Attention AP students: AP exam fees must be paid prior to taking any AP Exams.
2. Creative Writing Club will be meeting after school Wednesday from 3:00pm-3:45pm.
3. Thank you Mariemont DECA for representing us well in Anaheim. Congratulations to Alex Wilson for placing in the top 10 on his selling Role Play!
4. Congratulations to the winners of this year’s Mariemont High School Annual Photography Contest. Out of the almost 300 entries, 8 photos were chosen as winners.
- 1st Place: Ian Mikesell
- 2nd Place: Julie Meece
- 3rd Place: Lily Grantham
- Teacher Choice: Amanda Lewis
Honorable Mention winners are:
- Ian Mikesell
- Kai Greenberg
- Amanda Lewis
5. Congratulations to this year’s Cappies Nominees! The musical Brigadoon and the Cappies Team earned a record 16 nominations! They are:
- Marketing and Publicity - Grace Haffner
- Lighting - Seth Medlin and Crew
- Creativity - Corinne Fanta
- Ensemble - The Featured Dancers
- Featured Actor - William Meyer
- Female Dancer - Anna Eberlein
- Male Vocalist - Eli Bales
- Comic Actress - Madison Smith
- Comic Actor - Jonathan Uchtman
- Supporting Actor - Santi Martinez
- Lead Actress - Anna Stehling
- Lead Actor - Kyle Nienaber
- Best Song - “My Mother’s Wedding Day”
- Best Musical - Brigadoon
- Best Male Critic - Cohen Bailey
- Best Critique - Daniel Keyes
Final awards will be announced at the Cappies Gala on Saturday, May 27th.
Attention cast and crew for Brigadoon and Cappies Team - please make sure that you check your email frequently over the next couple of weeks so you are alerted to news about the Cappies Gala. Please let Mrs. Lowery know ASAP if you are not planning to attend. If you are planning to attend, please get your ticket money in this week. Check your email for details about this.
6. Are you interested in receiving service hours for practicing your photography skills? The junior high drama club is in need of a photographer for next Friday or Saturday to help capture images from the play. If interested in this service opportunity, please contact Mrs. Etnier (via email or by stopping into room 36) by Thursday, May 4th.
7. MHS cheer tryouts for football and basketball cheerleading are this Friday, May 5 after school. All the material will be learned at clinics today & Thursday from 6:30-8. Please print and fill out the tryout packet, which can be found under the cheer page on the Mariemont website. All are welcome.
8. Anyone in need of service hours, something for your resume, or just something to do this summer, please consider signing up to tutor for Warriors for Warriors. Warriors for Warriors is a volunteer summer tutoring program where high school students are paired with and tutor Mariemont district elementary students. If you are interested, please sign up on the form on the Warriors for Warriors 2017 Facebook page or contact Emery Shelley.
9. Support Mariemont Destination Teams as they raise money for Global competition. It's a week of culinary delights!
- May 6: Be a little naughty for DI! Mariemont Destination Imagination is hosting an "Ice Cream for Breakfast" fundraiser from 10 a.m. to noon May 6 at the Mariemont Parish Center. Treat your sweet tooth with an ice cream buffet at this typically forbidden hour and support the Mariemont DI Global Finals fund. Tickets are $4 in advance, $5 at the door. PLEASE EMBED ATTACHED FILE
- May 8: Eat at El Trio Mexican Grill, 7227 Wooster Pike, and a portion of the proceeds will benefit Mariemont DI. You must present a flyer, which can be obtained by emailing Jeri Srikalasin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 12: eat at Chipotle, 6213 Wooster Pike, Fairfax on May 12 and mention Mariemont DI, and a percentage of food sales between 5 and 9 p.m. will be donated to the Globals fund.
- May 14: Take Mom to Mac's for Mother's Day! Mention Mariemont DI between noon and 9 p.m. on May 14 at Mac's Pizza Pub, 6309 Wooster Pike, and Mac's will donate 25% of food sales to Mariemont DI.
10. All graduating seniors are invited to attend the MHS Class of 2017 Riverboat Graduation Cruise, post-graduation party on Sunday, May 28th. The BB Riverboats cruise is for Mariemont High School Graduating Seniors only, and will include music, dancing, soft drinks and prize drawings. The cost of the event is $15 per person. If you plan to attend, please return the waiver with a check made to MHS-PTO Graduation Party to the office by May 24th. Forms are available in the office. Any questions can be emailed to email@example.com.