1. Prom tickets will be sold all this week during lunches. The cost is $80 per ticket which includes dinner.Please make checks payable to Mariemont High School. The absolute LAST day to buy prom tickets will be this Friday April 21st. NO EXCEPTIONS. You may not buy a ticket until you have turned in the prom permission slip to Ms. Reilly (it is not too late to turn these in!)
2. AFTER PROM TICKETS will also be sold all this week during lunch. They are $20.00 and checks should be made payable to MHS PTO. The Indian Hill Winter Club waiver must be turned in when purchasing tickets. The waiver was sent to all junior and senior parents via an email on April 11th from Dr. Renner. Hard copies are also available in the office.
3. Iceland, Cooking, Biking, College Visits, Red River Gorge…so many exciting options but not long to sign up! Pick your intersession course choices and submit them by next Friday.
You need TWO submissions:
One: Turn in the back page of the booklet to the front office with your 4 choices and parent signature.
Two: Submit the Google Form linked on Blackboard. You must choose in BOTH formats, the hardcopy form and the online google form. The deadline of Friday April 28th is quickly approaching!
4. Congrats to the varsity baseball team on their sweep of Indian Hill. Hayden Seeger threw a complete game shutout, only allowing 2 hits while striking out 10. The Warriors shut out Indian Hill in both games, for the first time in 43 years. They followed this up by a win last night over CNE, 9-8 over 9 innings. Freshman Peter Mysogland won his first Varsity game.
5. For any girls interested in playing tennis next year, there will be an informational meeting after school today in the commons.
6. Don’t forget to register for Sunday's Eliminate5K sponsored by our very own Key Club. Help us eliminate maternal and neonatal tetanus around the globe! Register at warriors4theworld.org and be a life saver!
7. Mrs. Etnier’s Intersession “Iceland Explorations” informational meeting during lunch today is canceled and will be rescheduled.
8. ATTENTION VISUAL AND PERFORMING ARTS STUDENTS: Judging for the Mariemont Arts Association and MHS Art Club scholarships takes place TODAY in the upper library. Exhibits MUST remain on display all day and evening. All exhibits MUST be taken down by tomorrow, Thursday, April 20. We will not be responsible for exhibit materials left up after Thursday.
9. ATTENTION ART CLUB Members: ART Club meets today after school. We will be holding our officer elections. Please come show your support!
10. ATTENTION ALL MHS PHOTOGRAPHERS! Don't forget to enter this year's contest. It is open to ALL MHS students. Entry forms are in the lobby.
11. The 5th Annual Book Club Ball: "Fairy Tale Dreamland" is this Friday, April 21st. All are welcome to this free event in the MHS Library. Costumes are encouraged.
12. Congratulations to Addy Ashinger for winning the AIR Testing Survey drawing for a Starbucks gift card. Thanks to all who provided feedback.
13. All graduating seniors are invited to attend the MHS Class of 2017 Riverboat Graduation Cruise, post-graduation party on Sunday, May 28th. The BB Riverboats cruise is for Mariemont High School Graduating Seniors only, and will include music, dancing, soft drinks and prize drawings. The cost of the event is $15 per person. If you plan to attend, please return the waiver with a check made to MHS-PTO Graduation Party to the office by May 24th. Forms are available in the office. Any questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. The MHS PTO wants your creative input on the design for the Fall 2017 spirit shirt. This competition is open to all MHS students. You can submit your design by emailing it to Jean Marie Nelson at JNelson@mariemontschools.org or you can drop off your design at the MHS front office. A prize for the winner will be awarded! All submissions are due by Thursday, April 20.
15. Information on after school job opportunities is available in the CCPC.