1. Prom tickets will be sold all this week during lunches. The cost is $80 per ticket which includes dinner. The absolute LAST day to buy prom tickets will be Friday April 21st. NO EXCEPTIONS. You may not buy a ticket until you have turned in the prom permission slip to Ms. Reilly (it is not too late to turn these in!)
2. AFTER PROM TICKETS will be sold all this week during lunch. They are $20.00 and checks should be made payable to MHS PTO. The Indian Hill Winter Club waiver must be turned in when purchasing tickets. The waiver was sent to all junior and senior parents via an email on April 11th from Dr. Renner. Hard copies are also available in the office.
3. The Lady Warriors Softball team made it 2 wins in a row last night with a 14-4 win over Indian Hill. Kasey Jones paced the attack with 4 hits, Kelsey Brown added 3 RBIs, and Sliding Julie Meece scored the final run for the Warriors. Sarah Pearson pitched a complete game for the victory.
4. Boys lacrosse traveled to Wyoming on Saturday and were victorious over the Cowboys by a score of 17-4. Our Warriors traveled back to St. Xavier last night to finish off their suspended match but the last second shot by Cole Harden was saved and final result was 11 – 10 Bombers over Mariemont. #1 ranked St. X surely feels lucky today to have held off the Mariemont late charge. A total team effort that came up just short and capped off one of the most exciting halves of lacrosse this season. Next up for Boys Lacrosse – at Indian Hill this Wednesday night. See you at the game!
5. For any girls interested in playing tennis next year, there will be an informational meeting Wednesday after school in the commons.
6. Today there is a Unified for Uganda fundraiser at Marcos pizza ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT. Anytime you place an order at the Mariemont location and mention Unified for Uganda, the club will receive 15% back! Be sure to go to Marcos, get carry out, or delivery to help support Mariemont's chapter of U4U!!!
7. Don’t forget to register for Sunday's Eliminate5K sponsored by our very own Key Club. Help us eliminate maternal and neonatal tetanus around the globe! Register at warriors4theworld.org and be a life saver!
8. A reminder that Mariemont Awareness and Action Club will be meeting after school on Tuesday in Mr. Weiss's room.
9. ATTENTION VISUAL AND PERFORMING ARTS STUDENTS: Judging for the Mariemont Arts Association and MHS Art Club scholarships will take place tomorrow, Wednesday, April 19th in the upper library. You may begin setting up today; however, exhibits and portfolios must be set up no later than 7:30 AM Wednesday morning. If you need AV equipment, please see Mrs. Morris or Mrs. Colpi. If you need easels, display boards, etc. see Mrs. Richardson or Mrs. Hasselbeck today. Exhibits must remain on display all day Wednesday and Wednesday night. All exhibits must be taken down on Thursday.
10. Attention Art Club Members: We will be holding elections for next year’s officers tomorrow during Art Club. If you are interested in running for office, please see Mrs. Richardson TODAY or tomorrow morning to pick up a nomination form.
11. The MHS Annual Photo Contest is open to all students. Winners receive cash awards. Entry forms can be found in the school office or with Mrs. Richardson. All entry forms & photos are due to Mrs. Richardson no later than Monday, April 24th.
12. Spanish Club members should plan on attending a Spain themed event this afternoon from 3-4PM. We will share pictures, music and stories from our spring break trip to Spain. Snacks will be provided. Meet in señora Timmerding's room.
13. Are you interested in traveling to Iceland during intersession next year? Mrs. Etnier’s Intersession “Iceland Explorations” is traveling to Iceland for 6 days to discover the natural glaciers and geysers in the region. Any Freshman, Sophomore or Junior interested in traveling to Iceland for intersession can attend an informational meeting during lunch tomorrow in Mrs. Etnier’s classroom - which is room 36, next to the orchestra room. Bring your lunch and come learn more about this exciting opportunity!
14. The 5th Annual Book Club Ball: "Fairy Tale Dreamland" is this Friday, April 21st. All are welcome to this free event in the MHS Library. Costumes are encouraged.
15. All graduating seniors are invited to attend the MHS Class of 2017 Riverboat Graduation Cruise, post-graduation party on Sunday, May 28th. The BB Riverboats cruise is for Mariemont High School Graduating Seniors only, and will include music, dancing, soft drinks and prize drawings. The cost of the event is $15 per person. If you plan to attend, please return the waiver with a check made to MHS-PTO Graduation Party to the office by May 24th. Forms are available in the office. Any questions can be emailed to email@example.com.
16. The MHS PTO wants your creative input on the design for the Fall 2017 spirit shirt. This competition is open to all MHS students. You can submit your design by emailing it to Jean Marie Nelson at JNelson@mariemontschools.org or you can drop off your design at the MHS front office. A prize for the winner will be awarded! All submissions are due by Thursday, April 20.
17. Information on after school job opportunities is available in the CCPC.