1. Reminder to any student attending prom to turn in the Prom Permission Slip emailed to all Junior and Senior parents before break. Extra forms and prom guest forms are available in the front office. Forms are due by THIS Thursday to Ms. Reilly in Rm. 12. You may not buy a prom ticket without turning in this form.
Prom tickets will be sold all next week during lunches for $80 per ticket. The absolute LAST day to buy Prom tickets will be Friday April 21st. NO EXCEPTIONS.
AFTER PROM TICKETS will be sold all next week during lunch. They are $20.00 and checks should be made payable to MHS PTO. The Indian Hill Winter Club waiver must be turned in when purchasing tickets. The waiver was sent to all junior and senior parents via an email on April 11th from Dr. Renner. Hard copies are also available in the office.
2. Interested in studying Nursing after high school? Thursday, April 13th there will be a career chat with a nurse from Cincinnati Children's Hospital. The career chat will be held during both lunches in the upper library. Please sign up in the CCPC if interested.
3. Any student interested in being a class officer or a student council representative must pick up an application at the front office ASAP. Mandatory meetings will begin this week and applications are due on Monday, April 17th. There will be no exceptions to this rule. Please see Mrs. Mock with any questions.
4. Campus Life will meet during both lunches today. First lunch will meet in C20 and second lunch will meet in Mrs. Thomas’ room.
5. Attention Art Club Members: If you are interested in being an Art Club officer next year, you must see Mrs. Richardson, Isabelle Saulnier or Helen Kemper to get a nomination form. Elections will be held next Wednesday.
6. Attention all Mariemont Students: the MHS Annual Photography Contest is here!! Any Mariemont student can enter for FREE!! Winners receive cash awards. Top 2 photos will be framed and hung near the auditorium. Photos must be 5 x 7 or larger. Entry forms can be found in the front office or with Mrs. Richardson. Attach entry form to the back of photos. All entries due to no later than Monday, April 24th.
7. Spanish Club members should plan on attending a Spain themed event Tuesday, April 18th from 3-4PM. We will share pictures, music and stories from our spring break trip to Spain. Snacks will be provided. Meet in señora Timmerding's room.
8. Attention all cast and crew of the Fall Play and Spring Musical. If you have not already filled out your end-of-the-year awards ballot, please do so no later than end of school today. The link to the ballot was emailed to you last week and is on Blackboard in the Announcements in the High School Musical group.
9. Attention Cappies Team - if you have not already filled out the questionnaire that Mrs. Lowery sent to you, please make sure to do that, even if you are a senior. Thank you!
10. Congratulations to the varsity baseball team on their 1-0 win over Indian Hill yesterday. Henry Lewis picked up the win and had the game winning hit, while Andrew Hall pitched the final 3 innings for the save.
11. Last night the Lady Warriors Varsity softball team came back in the last inning to defeat Indian Hill by a score of 11-6. Kelsey Brown drove in the go ahead runs in the 7th and Kasey Jones added a big blow with a triple to stretch the lead. Sarah Pearson pitched a complete game victory. The Lady Warriors will be at home against Indian Hill on Monday.
12. Carson Fields wins all 3 of her event finals at the New Richmond Track and Field Invitational. Carson won the 100 m dash, 100 and 300 m hurdles. Icing on the cake was the fact that she broke her mother's 100 m dash school record on her 18th birthday! Other medalists include Corinne Fanta, Marin Valentine and Drew Goheen in the 800 and 1600 m runs. Jonah Dill finishes 3rd in the 110 high hurdles along with the girls 4 x 1 relay consisting of Alivia Naticchioni, Ava Morgan, Lauren Croll, and Ellie Lewis.
13. After-School and Summer Job Opportunities:
-Dewey’s Pizza is looking to fill part-time cooks and server assistant positions.
-Camargo Country Club is currently hiring seasonal full and part-time servers, food runners, dishwashers, cooks and grounds maintenance staff.
More information for both of these opportunities can be found in the CCPC.
14. All graduating seniors are invited to attend the MHS Class of 2017 Riverboat Graduation Cruise, post-graduation party on Sunday, May 28th. The BB Riverboats cruise is for Mariemont High School Graduating Seniors only, and will include music, dancing, soft drinks and prize drawings. The cost of the event is $15 per person. If you plan to attend, please return the fully executed Indemnification and Waiver of Liability Clause together with a check, made payable to the MHS-PTO Graduation Party, to the PTO mailbox at the High School by Wednesday, May 24th. Forms can be found in the school office or on the PTO Website. Please feel free to email Chandra Buswell at email@example.com if you have any questions.
15. Looking for a leadership opportunity? Looking for a way to help others? Starting in 2017, the freshmen classes will be placed into teams of 10 that meet throughout the year, helping freshmen adjust to high school. Each group will have two high school leaders. That’s where you come in! To apply to be a leader, pick up the application in the CCPC and return it by May 1st. Good luck!
16. Volunteer at the Barn for Community Service Hours this summer! Summer art camp runs July 10 – 28. We need volunteer assistants for morning, early afternoon, and late afternoon classes for all three weeks. One week earns you 15 service hours, and The Barn is right in Mariemont, at 6980 Cambridge Ave. If interested, please contact Mrs. Long at 272-3700. THANKS!
17. The MHS PTO wants your creative input on the design for the Fall 2017 spirit shirt. This competition is open to all MHS students. You can submit your design by emailing it to Jean Marie Nelson at JNelson@mariemontschools.org or you can drop off your design at the MHS front office. A prize for the winner will be awarded! All submissions are due by Thursday, April 20.